Job Seekers List Tools
- Filter the Job Seekers List by Category and Requisition
- Show Score (if a Scoring Scheme is in place)
- Filter by Column
- (Job Seeker) Name
- Email Address or other Optional Field
- Job Seeker Icons
- Assign Applicant Status
- Other Methods to Assign Status
- View Multiple Job Seekers (and Assign Status)
- Delete a Job Seeker
- Copy Job Seekers to another Requisition
- Transferring the Job Seeker's Assessment Status (Where applicable)
- Import a Resume to Update Job Seeker Data
- View Job Seekers during the Application Process (Administrator-level permissions only)
- Send Email from the Job Seekers List
Perform Job Seeker Actions from the Job Seekers List
The Job Seekers list offers several tools for performing important Job Seeker activities, including some beneficial shortcuts. These tools are described below.
Filter the Job Seekers List by Category and RequisitionThe View and Requisition drop-downs in the tab header will help you refine the Job Seekers list to hone in on information that is relevant to the task(s) at hand.
First, from the View drop-down, select one of these Job Seeker categories:
- Recent – Job Seekers who have applied in the last 10 days
- Not Reviewed – Job Seekers who do not have an assigned applicant status
- Internal – Job Seekers who are current employees
- Flagged – Only those Job Seekers who have been flagged (as described below)
Cross-reference: For information on setting a default View, refer to: BALANCEtrak (User) Account Settings .
Next, from the Requisition drop-down, select:
- [A specific Requisition Number]
Show Scores (If a Scoring Scheme is in place)After choosing a Requisition Number from the upper Requisition drop-down, an additional bar will display, with the label: Show Scores For. From the provided drop-down, select the Form that has been scored to display a Score column on the Job Seekers list.
Filter by Column
(Job Seeker) NameFrom the Job Seekers list, click the [Filter] icon, located in the column header for (Job Seeker) Name. Then, enter: First Name and/or Last Name. Click [Save] to apply the filter.
A yellow banner will indicate that the Search is applied. To restore the full Job Seekers list, select the [Clear Search] button.
Email Address or other Optional FieldFirst, make sure a column for Email Address (or another optional field) is visible on the Job Seekers list. If the column is not visible, choose [Change Fields] from the upper toolbar. Then select the field from the provided menu, and [Save] it to the Job Seekers list.
Finally, click the [Filter] icon, located in the column header for Email Address (or other optional field). Then, enter the relevant filter criteria, and click [Save].
Job Seeker IconsClick on an icon to the left of each Job Seeker record for quick links to:
- [Review] an individual Job Seeker’s information.
- Open a Job Seeker document, such as
- COVER LETTER
- Completed PRESCREENER
- Completed APPLICATIOIN
Quick Tip: If an existing Job Seeker applies to a new job Requisition without uploading a new RESUME, the system automatically associates the Job Seeker’s most recent prior RESUME with the Requisition.
- [Flag] a Job Seeker to highlight the record in red. Click the icon a second time to clear the highlighting.
Assign Applicant StatusTo assign applicant Status to a Job Seeker or change it on the Job Seekers list, a Requisition Number/name must be selected from the Requisition drop-down. Click the check box next to one or more Job Seekers, then choose [Assign Applicant Status] from the upper toolbar. When the pop-up window appears, select the appropriate status from those provided. Click [Assign] to apply the setting.
Note: The system will display the name of the data field(s) used to denote applicant Status (e.g., Applicant Stage, Disposition Code).
Cross-reference: If you want to learn about Requisition Status, instead, see: Requisition Information Menu, Toolbar, and Status.
Other Methods for Assigning Applicant StatusStatus can also be applied:
- Using the [View Selected Job Seekers] button
- By clicking the displayed [Applicant Status entry] in the Review Job Seeker detail, under: Jobs Applied To.
Cross-reference: If you are an Administrator, your software Implementation may have been configured to send automatic email messages to Job Seekers, based on assigned Status: System Tools / General / Email Settings.
View Multiple Job Seekers (and Assign Status or Flag)Select the check box next to two or more Job Seekers. Click on the [View Selected Job Seekers] button, which becomes active in the upper toolbar.
The Job Seeker selections display, organized by the following tabs:
- Resume (current)
Use the page controls at the top of the page to click through the RESUMES and APPLICATIONS, in the order they were originally selected.
From either tab, assign an Applicant Status, using the tagline located beneath the tab header. If the Job Seeker has not been assigned a Status, click on Assign; if a current Applicant Status requires updating, click on the displayed [Status entry] to change it. Then from the Applicant Status drop-down, select the appropriate option, and [Save].
Note: Typical options include Hired, Not Qualified, Withdrew Application, Set up 1st Interview, and Ready for Offer Approval, but the system may provide others.
Also available is a check box to: Flag Job Seeker on the Job Seekers list and highlight the record with a red overlay.
When finished, close the window to return to the Job Seekers list.
Delete a Job SeekerSelect the check box next to one or more Job Seekers, and then click [Delete Selected]. Verify the deletion, and click [OK] to continue.
Copy Job Seekers to another RequisitionSelect the check box next to one or more source Job Seekers. Then select [Copy Selected] from the toolbar. In the Copy Job Seeker menu, make selections for:
- Requisition to Copy to
- Application to Copy Answers to
- Prescreener to Copy Answers to
When finished, click [Copy].
Transferring the Job Seeker's Assessment Status (Where applicable)When a Job Seeker is copied from one Requisition to another — and Forms match — the Job Seeker's ASSESSMENT status of PASS can be carried over. In the Review Job Seeker detail > Jobs Applied To table, a status of Already Passed will display for the "new" Requisition.
Import a Resume to Update Job Seeker DataPrepare File(s) — The following document formats are accepted:
- Microsoft Word (DOC, DOCX)
- Acrobat (PDF)
- Rich text (RTF)
- Plain text (TXT)
Begin — Choose the [Import] button from the toolbar.
- Select one of two File Type options from the Upload Files menu:
- Upload separate files for each resume.
- Upload a zip file containing resumes.
Use the [Browse] function to locate the file on your computer. If additional files are to be uploaded, use the [Add Another File] button. When finished, select [Next] to continue.
- From the Overwrite Type menu, select one of two options:
- Update existing job seekers with the information being imported — Replace the Job Seeker’s data with the uploaded data; old data for that Job Seeker will be lost.
- Do not update existing job seekers and show a list of duplicates — View a list of updated and existing records to choose the data to retain.
Click on the [Import] button at the bottom of the menu.
- A results message will display. Choose [Import More Job Seekers] if there is an additional Job Seeker RESUME to upload
Select [Back to Job Seeker List] to view the updates.
A Job Seeker record is created from each file; and the RESUME is available for view, via the [Resume] icon.
View Job Seekers during the Application Process (Administrator-level permissions only)From the upper View menu, select: Incomplete (or Incomplete Application). The following settings must be in place:
- A system Profile must be in place, allowing you to see these Job Seekers.
- A Requisition Number must be selected from the Requisition drop-down.
- The Requisition must have the status of: Accepting Applications.
- The Requisition’s Job Seeker Filter Setting is required to be set to: Must Complete a Form or Must Complete Application, respectively.