BalanceTRAK > Settings > Design/Edit a Form Template
RETURN TO: Form Templates
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:Questions (Library)
- About the Form Template: Settings, Designer and History
- Basic Template Detail Tools
- Preview the Form
- Access or Add Form Sections
- Basic Section Tools
- Instructions Box
- Apply Changes to a Form Template
- Include a Question in the Form Section
- Search for a Question
- Preview Question Content
- Add a Question to the Form Section
- Work with Included Questions
- Icon Actions
- Order Questions in the Section
- Form Settings (by Form Type)
- View the Form Template History
- Scoring Schemes
Prescreener Knockout Questions
Use the Form Template Detail, including Section Tools
About the Form Template: Settings, Designer, and HistoryBy expanding the Settings side navigation menu, the Administrator may access the Form Templates library, organized by Form type. Here, a Form Template’s detail may be accessed by Form Name for review (and editing). The detail is comprised of the following tabs:
- Form Settings
- Access the Designer tab to develop content by Form Section
- View the History of updates made to a Form Template
Each of these tabs are described below.
Quick Reminder: To read about initiating a new Form Template, see: Form Template List Tools / Add a Form Template.
About Form SectionsAs displayed on the detail's Designer tab, a Form Template is comprised of Sections that will display in order to the Job Seeker for completion. Depending on Type of Form, the following default Sections are typically available in the Add Section menu, which you will use to build the Form Template:
- Personal Information
- Eligibility Requirements
- Applicant’s Statement
- HR-Use Only (for internal display only)
Note: Additional Sections may be available for selection. For more information, contact Berkshire’s Product Support.
How the Form Designer is OrganizedThe Form editor on the Designer tab is comprised of a column on the left with Questions and tools, plus a working area on the right, for use in building the Form Template. While some of the tools are common to all Form types, other tools will be specific to the Form type and Section. To begin, familiarize yourself with the menus and tools in the left column for including Questions in the Form Template, as described below.
Basic Template Detail Tools
Preview the FormTo get an advance view of the Form Template as the Job Seeker will see it, click the
View the Form in Printable FormatTo preview the form in its printable format, choose the PDF icon from the upper bar.
Access or Add SectionsSections that are currently included in the Form Template will be listed from left to right in the upper Section bar in the order the Job Seeker will see them. Click one to access the Designer tab for that Section.
To create more Sections, begin at the top of the page and click the Add a New Section icon. Then, select a Section from the provided menu.
Basic Section Tools
Instructions BoxAt the top of the Section working area (the right-hand column) is a green field, which can be used to provide instructions to the Job Seeker. Simply click on the field to enter information.
Example: A Job Seeker may be instructed to provide only 10 years of employment history in the Employment Section of the APPLICATION.
Apply Changes to a Form TemplateAs Form Template changes are made, click the [Save] button at the bottom of the page. Because forms originating from a Form Template are typically In Use, the system asks how changes should be applied when [Save] is clicked.
Using the radio buttons on the Copy Form Template Sections Changes menu, select whether to:
- Apply (the changes) to this template only
- Apply to this template and all active requisitions
- Apply to this template and all Requisitions
Include a Question in the Form Section
Search for a QuestionFrom the left column, navigate to: Add an Existing Question. Enter a keyword in the menu header, and click the Search icon. The Search can be cleared by clicking the Cancel icon; this clearing action will restore the full list of existing Questions.
Preview Question Content (if applicable to Question type)Hover the mouse over the Plus sign to the right of an existing Question.
Add a Question to a Form SectionAfter the Question is located (in the left column under: Add an Existing Question, simply click on the entry. The entry will move from the left-hand menu into the working area on the right side of the page.
Work with Included Questions
Icon ActionsTo display the icons below and perform the related actions, hover the mouse over the included Question.
- (Make a Question) Required (for the Job Seeker to complete)
- Edit Question (in the Questions library)
- Remove Question (from the Form Template, and return it to the menus in the left column)
Prescreener Knockout Questions
An Applicant Status can automatically be assigned to specific answers for a some types of Questions^, if the answer precludes the Job Seeker from further consideration:
- Click the Set Knockout Question icon for a Question. A menu of possible answers for the Question will display. For each answer, select an Applicant Status or retain the default entry of: None. Click [Save] to apply.
^The following types of Questions will allow for applicant status to be automatically assigned: Option Buttons, Check Boxes, Table Driven, Numeric, and Yes/No.
Example: A candidate who has less experience than the 10 years required could be automatically assigned a Status, reflecting insufficient qualifications. For answer(s) describing less than 10 years, choose from the drop-down: Does not meet minimum qualifications.
Cross-reference: When auto-assigning Applicant Status, balanceTRAK will follow Settings. Refer to: Special Settings by Reference Table / Applicant Status.
Order Questions in the SectionOnce a few Questions have been placed in the working area, they may be ordered, as desired. Hover the mouse over a Question; then drag it to a new location in the working area.
Form Settings (by Form Type)For the Application, Prescreener, and Self-ID Forms, there are certain format Settings that can be modified for each Form Template, using the provided menus.
If a Form Template is being added, you will be directed to the Settings tab as the next step.
Quick Reminder: To access the Settings tab, follow this path: Form Templates > [Form type] tab > Edit [Form Name] > Settings tab.
For all Form Types, you can set the following:
- Number the Questions
- Include Company Logo (in PDF version of form) — And [Browse] for a file (JPEG preferred) on your computer, and upload it.
- Enter Text for the Header (for the first Form page only) and Footer
- Include Resume (and: Make Resume Required)
- Automatically take the job seeker to the Application — Also enter a: Message to Show Job Seekers. (Job Seekers will be shown the APPLICATION if they passed the PRESCREENER and were not assigned an Applicant (disposition) Status.)
- Include Resume (and: Make Resume Required)
- Include Cover Letter (and: Make Cover Letter Required)
For Self-ID FormsShow Form (to Job Seeker):
- Automatically with Opt-Out — Also enter a: Disclaimer / Opt-Out Message.
Remember to click [Save] to apply the Settings.
For AssessmentsIf your organization uses testing to screen applicants, Settings specific to developing the ASSESSMENT are available.
Once the ASSESSMENT is added to the system, determine the following Basic Settings:
- Set a completion time for the job seeker. Then select an Applicant Disposition code from the provided drop-down (to apply if the completion time is not met).
- Enter the score necessary to pass the test. Choose an Applicant Disposition code from the provided drop-down (to apply if the job seeker fails the test).
- (Optional) Select email templates from the provided drop-downs to use when communicating with those who pass or fail the test. (Email templates are described in the next segment of this manual.)
- Check the box if you would like to present varying sets of Questions as each Job Seeker applies. Then enter a number of Questions to include in each randomized ASSESSMENT.
- Finally, enter the number of days the completed ASSESSMENT is valid.
Note: Make sure the template includes enough Questions to support an effective randomization.
View the Form Template HistoryTo view the record of updates made to template, click the History tab while working in the Form Template detail.
Click on the View Report icon, located on the right side of the History list header bar to view the information in a new window. [Print] the information, as needed.