BalanceTRAK > Settings > Form Templates
- Tabs for Form Types
- Form Template List Tools
- Sort the Form Template List
- Review an Existing Form Template
- Deactivate an Existing Form Template
- Delete an Existing Form Template
- Introduction and Finish Pages (by Form Type)
- Add a Form Template
- Other Tools in the Form Template Table
- Add or Edit a Scoring Scheme (Optional for Prescreener, Application)
- Set the Default Self-ID Form
Manage Forms to be Completed by Job Seekers
Accessible for an Administrator, a library of default Forms is stored at Settings > Form Templates for display to (and completion by) the Job Seeker. One or more Forms from this library, as organized by type (e.g., APPLICATIONS, ASSESSMENTS), are assembled for inclusion in a Requisition, when the Requisition is created or edited.
The Administrator may update this library, as needed, including editing some aspects of Form Templates and creating new templates, based on existing ones.
Note: If you have questions about Settings, please contact your system Administrator or Berkshire’s Product Support, as appropriate for your role and organization.
Tabs for Form TypesExisting Form Templates are organized in lists by the following types, each represented in balanceTRAK by a tab in the primary tab header:
- Applications — For collecting key information by applicant audience (e.g., Internal, External, International, Non-Exempt)
- Assessments — To gauge the skill level of applicants in job-related tasks, with PASS or FAIL scores
- Prescreeners — To screen applicants on basic minimum requirements
- Self-ID Forms — For collecting voluntary information from the Job Seeker on race, gender, disability status, and protected Veteran status
- Background Check Form — To gather additional information from the Job Seeker, as required for a background or credit check
- HR — Create Forms for HR- or internal-use only, such as one containing the INTERVIEW questions.
- Other — For Forms that do not fit into other categories.
Note: For clients who have implemented a "short application" via Indeed Apply, an Indeed Apply tab will house the necessary Form.
After choosing the Form type, proceed to the secondary tab header and choose the Templates sub-tab, which displays a list of any existing Templates.
The Templates are each identified, by check marks as applicable, to be:
- In Use
Form Template List ToolsSince a library of default Form Templates will already be in place (as part of software Implementation), Administrative tools support the maintenance and augmentation of this library.
Sort the Form Template listThe Form Template list on any tab may be sorted by clicking on the Form Name (or other displayed) column header.
Review an Existing TemplateEnter an existing Form Template by clicking the Edit icon corresponding to a Form Name, which opens the Form Template detail.
Deactivate an Existing Form TemplateAfter locating the Form Template entry, simply click the active check mark, located in the Active column. Then, in response to the displayed pop-up menu, click [OK].
The check mark will then gray out. In addition, the inactive Form Template will not be available for selection by other users. Requisitions with the Form Template In Use will no be affected by the deactivation.
Delete an Existing Form TemplateTo remove a Form Template from the list, navigate to the entry. Then press the [Delete] button, located adjacent to the Edit icon.
Note: Form Templates that are In Use cannot be deleted.
Introduction and Finish Pages (by Form Type)Use the secondary tab header below the Form Templates tab header to develop or edit content for the Form Template's Introduction and Finish pages. Content will apply across all Forms in the Type. When the content for these pages is left blank, the pages will not display to the Job Seeker.
Example: The Finish page includes the words "Thank you" by default. Further acknowledgement or "next step" information for the Job Seeker could also be included. Please note that if the Job Seeker is completing a series of Forms, the Finish page will only display for the final Form.
Click the Templates sub-tab to return to the Form Template list.
Add a Form TemplateTo create a new Form Template, click the [Add] button. From the Add Form Template menu, determine whether to:
- Start with a Blank Template — Enter a Template Name, and click [Save].
- Copy from an Existing Template^
- Copy from an Existing Form^
^Follow the prompts to enter a Form Name, and select the source. Then click [Copy].
Proceed to: Edit the Form Template. Meanwhile, the Form Template will be added to the system, displaying on the Form Template list.
Other Tools in the Form Template Table
Add or Edit a Scoring Scheme (Optional for Prescreener, Application)For each APPLICATION or PRESCREENER Template Type, a Scoring Scheme can be assigned for use in comparing Job Seeker responses on those forms. Once a template has been added to the Form Template list, add a Scoring Scheme by clicking on the
Set the Default Self-ID FormThe default Self-ID form will be indicated by a Check mark in the Default Form column. To select a different default, click the inactive, or grayed out, Check mark for the appropriate SELF-ID Form Template. A confirmation message will appear; click [OK].
The system uses the default SELF-ID form when you select to automatically display the form or email it to a Job Seeker.
Cross-reference: See: Design/Edit a Form Template / Form Settings / For Self-ID Forms.