Start (or Participate in) the Approval Process
- Submit a Requisition for Approval: Develop a Simple Process "on the Fly"
- Approve a Submitted Requisition
- View Approval Status and History
- Build the Requisition
- Dashboard Notifications / Requisitions Needing Approval
- If you are an Administrator, read about developing Approval Processes here: Administrative Settings > Approval Processes
Submit or Approve a Requisition as part of the Approval Process
(Where installed) If your organization requires approval for Requisitions before they are posted, an Approval Process will be made available to you in the system. As a BALANCEtrak user, you may participate in the Approval Process as:
- The submitter (Requisition owner/creator)
- An approver (e.g., Human Resource director, hiring manager)
Home page Dashboard reminders and email notifications will support the submitter and the approver(s) during the Approval Process. Instructions pertaining to both roles are included below.
Submit a Requisition for Approval: Develop a Simple Process "on the Fly"After a Requisition is added to the system (and while it is in a Pending status), an Approval Process menu appears in the Review Requisition detail. A simple process may be developed at this time.
If you are not already in the detail, select the Requisition's [Review] icon from the Requisitions list. Scroll down to the Approval Process menu; click the [Submit for Approval] button to open the menu, which will be labeled with the Requisition Number. Select:
- New (Administrators or Requisition owners only) Drag and drop Available Approvers to Selected Approvers, using the provided name bars. To create a Basic Group of users (from which only one needs to provide approval), drop a name bar on top of a name bar already in the Selected Approvers column. Once a group is made, other Available Approvers may be added; selected Approvers may be moved into the group; and additional Basic Groups may be created. Adjust the order of the name bars or groups, as necessary.
- Existing (and select one from the provided drop-down)
Click [Save] to initiate the process. An email will be sent to Selected Approvers in order, and the Approval Process menu will appear when the approver enters the Review Requisition detail.
If an approver rejects the Pending Requisition, the submitter can select [Resubmit] after making the necessary Requisition changes.
Note: If you are an Administrator, requiring more detailed instructions on developing Approval Processes, using Administrative Settings, see the article linked above.
Approve a Submitted RequisitionAs an approver, the user will receive an email notification, containing links for the following three approval responses:
- I want to log in and view the requisition.
- I want to approve this requisition without logging in.
- I want to not approve this requisition without logging in.
A message on an approver’s Home page Dashboard will indicate: Requisitions Needing Approval. The approver can directly access the Approval Process menu (on the Review Requisition detail), containing a Comment field and the following buttons to:
- Approve — Sends an email message to the submitter by email and moves the process on to the next Selected Approver.
After the last approver has approved the Requisition, BALANCEtrak may automatically change the Requisition Status to reflect the approval. Typically, the next Status is: Accepting Applications.
- Not Approve — Sends an email message to the submitter and other Selected Approvers by email and:
A message in the Approval Process menu will state: The Requisition has NOT been approved. After making changes to the Requisition (based on Comments received), the submitter can click [Resubmit] to restart the Approval Process.
View Approval Status and HistoryOnce the Requisition is submitted for approval, the status of its approval can be viewed on the Review Requisition detail under the Approval Process banner. The user name of the current approver will be listed.
Both the submitter and the approver may view the Approval Process by clicking [View Process]. They may view the current approval history by choosing [View History]. Once all approvers have approved the Requisition, the approval date will be shown.