Build the Requisition
- Use the Forms Menu
- Overview of the Forms List
- Add a Form to a Requisition
- Assign Separate Forms for Internal and External Applicants
- Set the Default Application
- Edit the Job Posting Form Options
- Job Description Tools
- Create a Job Description
- Preview the Job Description
- Save a Job Descriptions (and Apply Changes)
- Import a Job Description for the Requisition (and Job Code)
- Edit an Existing Job Description
- Revert Job Description to Job Code Default
- Manage Sources for a Requisition
- Other Requisition Detail Tools
- Start (or Participate in) the Approval Process
Develop Requisition Content
With BALANCEtrak Requisition tools, develop the following content:
- Add a Form to the Requisition for completion by the Job Seeker
- Create or upload the Job Description
- Select and track job posting Sources
To perform these tasks, access the Review Requisition detail in one of two ways:
- After adding a new Requisition (per the instructions linked above), the system will direct you to the detail.
- Enter the detail from the Requisitions list.
Use the Forms Menu
BEFORE YOU BEGIN: During Implementation, a set of organization-specific Form Templates (e.g., PRESCREENER, NON-EXEMPT APPLICATION, SELF-ID) will be stored in the system for use in Requisitions. A default Form may already be associated with a new Requisition; refer to: Add a Requisition / About Requisitions and Default Forms.
In addition, Forms may be added to the Requisition, and their settings edited, as discussed in this article.
Overview of the Forms List
Forms List —
Once populated, the Review Requisition detail / Forms table is organized by the following columns:
- Form Type
- Form to Follow — Where applicable, a Form will be listed. To change it, click the [Form Name].
- Job Posting Page — A Check mark indicates whether the Form is being used on a Job Posting page. If your organization differentiates between Internal and External applicant Forms, that will be indicated.
Notes: Once a Requisition is live and the Status is Accepting Applications, access to Add or Edit a Form may be disabled. Contact your organization's BALANCEtrak Administrator for more information.
Any Form added to a Requisition for a particular Job Code becomes a default for that Job Code. Any new Requisition for the same Job Code will contain the same Form(s).
Cross-reference: If you are an Administrator, see: Client Settings / Job Seekers / Set Form Permissions.
The Forms table displays the following icons:
- [PDF] — View a PDF version of the Form in a new window
- [Edit Form] — Modify an existing Form, and make form changes.
- [Delete] — Remove a Form. (And click [OK] to confirm the deletion.)
- [Add Scoring Scheme] — Create a Scoring Scheme that will assign values to applicant responses
- % [Edit Scoring Scheme] — Edit an existing Scoring Scheme
Note: Regular users may be limited to selecting an existing Scoring Scheme from the provided menu and applying it to the current Requisition.
Add a Form to a RequisitionTo include a Form with the Requisition, click the [Plus Sign] in the Forms table header. From the Add Forms window, select:
- Template Type
- Form Name
(Optional) If a Scoring Scheme was previously added for the Template Type, select it from the Select Scoring Scheme drop-down (or it may be added later, as described below at: Forms Menu Icons).
Cross-reference: Administrative users may create a Scoring Scheme for the Requisition; see: Scoring Schemes / Create Scoring Scheme — Within a Requisition.
(Required) Each Requisition must be associated with a PRESCREENER or an APPLICATION. To use a PRESCREENER or APPLICATION on the Job Posting page (or change the linkage), check the box for: Use on Job Posting page.
Click [Add] to complete the process.
Assign Separate Forms for Internal and External ApplicantsFirst, make sure the Forms you wish to use have been added to the Requisition (see, above: Add a Form to a Requisition).
From the Forms table header, select the [Edit] button. The Job Posting Form window displays. Check the box: Use separate forms for internal and external job seekers. The window will expand, displaying two columns, Internal and External. Using the provided radio buttons, match the appropriate Form to each column.
Then, to enter (or review/edit) the: Message to Show Internal/External Job Seekers. This Employee Status message, which will appear after the Job Seeker clicks Apply on the Job Posting page, will route the Job Seeker to the appropriate Form. Click [Save].
Note: Enter the message in question format, so that an answer of “Yes" will indicate the Job Seeker is internal, and an answer of “No" will indicate the Job Seeker is an external candidate.
Cross-reference: If you are an Administrator, you may access the read-only page, where the default organization-specific message is stored: System Tools > Client Settings > Career Page.
Set the Default APPLICATION(For employers using supplemental APPLICATIONS)
Because BALANCEtrak associates the most recently completed APPLICATION with a Job Seeker, the system needs to know which one of the multiple APPLICATIONS is the default.
Click the [Default Application] button, which is found in the Forms menu header. From the display form Names, select the appropriate APPLICATION. You may also select the option to: Use the system default behavior for choosing the latest Application. Click [Save].
The selected default APPLICATION will be accessible when you:
- Review the applicant on the Job Seekers page, using the application [Application] icon.
- Comparing Job Seekers, using the [View Job Seekers] button on the Job Seekers page.
If an applicant completes other APPLICATIONS, those will be available in the Job Seeker detail, but will not be associated with the above processes.
Cross-reference: To add a form to the list, see the instructions above: Add a Form to a Requistion.
Edit the Job Posting Form OptionsChoose the [Edit] icon from the Forms table header to open the Job Posting Form menu. The menu will list any existing APPLICATIONS that you may associate with the Job Posting page. Choose an existing APPLICATION, or select:
- Do not show this requisition on the Job Posting page.
- Use separate forms for internal and external job seekers. (Then, use the radio buttons to match an existing form to either Internal or External. Optionally, enter a message to display for the Job Seekers.)
Job Description Tools
Create a Job DescriptionClick the [Edit] icon, located in the Job Description menu header. Then, from the Edit Job Description menu, click the [Expand] icon in the Description/Job Summary header. Choose a Section from those provided in the drop-down menu (e.g., Required Skills, Responsibilities).
For each Section, enter the appropriate text in the text editor, and format the text, using the available word processing tools. Options for saving the Job Description Sections are detailed next.
Preview the Job DescriptionClick the [Preview] button in the Job Description footer to view the Job Description as it will appear to the Job Seeker.
Save a Job Description (and Apply Changes)Click [Save] after working in each Section. The saved Section will then display as part of the Job Description to Job Seekers.
About Saving Job Descriptions — To help maintain the integrity of stored Job Descriptions, role-based permissions, installed during Implementation, will control the saving of Job Descriptions at the Requisition and library levels. Most users will be limited to saving the Job Description at the Requisition level.
For each Job Description Section, the full range of options are as follows — Save Job Description Changes to:
- This requisition and the default job description for [job code] (standard setting) — Updates to the current job description will also be applied to the default job description and all new requisitions for the job code. (The default job description is stored with the Job Code Reference table.)
- This requisition only — Updates will be limited to the current job description.
- This requisition, the default job description and all open or pending requisitions that use this Job Code — Updates to the current job description will also be applied to open or pending requisitions for the same job code.
Import a Job Description for the Requisition (and Job Code)Select the [Edit the Job Description] button to open the editor. Then select the [Import] button from the menu footer in any Job Description section. This will direct you to the wizard for importing a default Job Description for the Job Code.
- Browse and locate the document on your computer. Then click the [Next] button.
- The Identify Section Headers menu displays. By default, the drop-downs will display every paragraph identified in the document.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page for [Apply Filter] tools, which can be used to reduce the list of data recognized for import. Here, identify how section headers in the document are formatted, either bold, italicized, or by font size (value).
- Return to the top of the page. From the Identify Section Headers menu, check the box for each of the default Sections to include. Then choose matches from the incoming file for each one from the corresponding Section Header and Next Section Header drop-downs.
- Click [Next].
Note: The system identifies the beginning and end of each Section, using these selections. The end of the one Section is typically, but not always, the beginning of the next. Beginning of Document and the End of Document tags are also available.
- A menu displays, with options to: Overwrite Existing Job Descriptions.
Select one of the following options for saving the imported Job Description to:
- This requisition and the default job description
- This requisition only
- This requisition, the default job description and all open or pending requisitions that use this job code
Click the [Import] button.
- The Review Requisition detail displays, with the imported Job Description.
Cross-reference: An Administrator may import multiple default Job Descriptions. See: Special Tools by Reference Table / Import Job Descriptions.
Edit an Existing Job DescriptionClick the [Edit] icon, located on the right side of the Job Description header. Make any changes, following the applicable instructions provided above to: Create a Job Description.
Revert Job Description to Job Code Default(When available) To remove any edits made to the current Job Description and restore it to the Job Code’s default, click the [Revert to Default] button.