Tools for Multiple EEO-1 Reports
RETURN TO: EEO-1
- About Establishment Information
- Create Plan and Import Data for Multiple EEO-1 Reports
- Methods for Developing EEO-1 Establishment Information
- Use AAP Fields to Determine Establishments
- Add Establishment Information by Data Entry
- Import Establishment Information from a Separate File
- Delete an Establishment
- Finalize and Export Multiple EEO-1 Reports
- Export Multiple EEO-1 Reports for Internal Use
- Export Multiple EEO-1 Reports for EEOC Submission
Please read the linked Help page above to familiarize yourself with EEO-1 features. Then review the following notes, regarding creating multiple EEO-1 reports from one BALANCEaap plan.
Key Additional Resources:
Create EEO-1 Reports for Multiple Locations
About Establishment InformationThe EEO-1 report will include information that identifies each of your organization's locations, or "establishments," and the structure you use for the AAP and the EEO-1 form may align or differ. Accordingly, BALANCEaap offers three methods for bringing in Establishment Information to identify multiple EEO-1 locations:
- Included in a master AAP data set and linked by means of Plan Codes. A data collection template is available at: AAP Excel Templates. OR
- Data entry, one Establishment at a time OR
- Imported from a separate, external file. File format information can be accessed at: File Structure Details.
For all methods, employees must be tied to an establishment by coding. Read more about these methods below.
Create Plan and Import Data for Multiple EEO-1 ReportsFirst, determine if the following apply:
- Your organization's AAP effective date does not occur during the required EEO-1 survey period.
- The organization is comprised of multiple locations.
- All EEO-1 reports can be created from a master data set.
- You would like EE0-1 and AAP reporting to be distinct from each other.
If so, create a plan, following the instructions to: Create Plan. Label the new plan with a Plan Name that identifies it as "EEO-1". Then Import a master data set, with a Roster, containing race and gender information.
Include a (Master) Plan Code^ or a custom User Field (e.g., EEO Location) in the data set to be used as the Establishment Code, which will parse data for each EEO-1 report (as described below under: Use AAP Fields to Determine Establishments). Finally, proceed to the EEO-1 module.
^Quick Tip: If you have a current Master Plan for your organization, create a single plan for EEO-1 reporting purposes. During plan creation, identify the Master Plan as the prior year plan and bring in the plan's Reference Tables.
Methods for Developing Establishment Information
Use AAP Fields to Determine Establishments
Plan Code MethodIf multiple establishments are to be represented in the EEO-1 report and Plan Codes are applicable for EEO-1 establishments, navigate to the provided Establishment Information drop-down. The default will be displayed as: None. Instead, next to the tagline, select: Plan Code.
Important Cautions: Changing the selection will cause any current Establishment Information record(s) to be deleted.
For data to correlate correctly, make sure Plan Codes and Establishment Codes match.
Custom User FieldIf Plan Codes do not suffice in creating EEO establishments, a field, designating those locations, may be added to the Roster, which will tie employees to those locations. If you choose this method, add the User Field prior to Data> Import, and make sure the incoming Roster includes a column and entries for the User Field.
From the EEO-1> Establishment Information menu, select the field/column name you created from the provided drop-down.
Cross-reference: For information on creating a custom field, see: Data > Advanced > User Fields.
Add Establishment Information by Data EntryTo use the data entry method, select [Add Establishment] from the middle toolbar. Provide entries for the following:
- Establishment Code (required)
- Report Type
- Unit Number (from EEOC, repeat filers)
- Unit Name, Address, and Address, second line
- City Name
- County Name
- State Abbreviation
- Zip Code
- Filed Last Year?
- Dun & Bradstreet Number
- NAICS Code
- EIN (Employer ID Number)
Click [Save] to store the information.
Import Establishment Information from a Separate File
Quick Tip: Review the system's Establishment Information fields prior to import, by clicking [Add Establishments]; and then hit [Close] when you are done reviewing the list. While only Establishment Code is required for the import to be performed, the inclusion of other fields will provide time savings.
Click [Import Establishments]. Choose the appropriate file type (Excel, Access or a text) from the drop-down. Click [Browse], locate the file on your computer, and click [Next].
Excel users — Check or uncheck the box for: Yes, the first row is column headers. Select the file and sheet name information from the drop-down.
Under Match Fields, select the field names from the drop-downs that best match the system's fields.
Notes: Some fields may be automatically matched. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
Navigate to the bottom of the page to see the Preview of Data. If satisfactory, click [Next]. Then choose whether to Overwrite (replace existing data) or Append (add to existing data).
Click [Import Data] to initiate the process. The import results will be displayed when the process is complete. The successfully imported records will display in the Establishment Information table (e.g., Plan Code, location information).
Delete an EstablishmentClick the [Delete] button to the left of an Establishment record.
Finalize and Export Multiple Reports
Select Establishments — Under Select Establishments, check off options for:
- Type 2 Consolidated Report
- Each Establishment, as identified by Establishment Code
Review Report Settings — If you have not made this selection by Establishment or wish to have the system ensure proper formatting:
- Check the box under Report Settings for: Mark reports with less than 50 employees as Status Code 8 Reports.
Then proceed to the appropriate export process below.
Export Multiple EEO-1 Reports for Internal UseFrom Report Viewing options, select: Report Export. Then choose: Export Reports as —
- A Single File
- Separate Files (The files will be Zip'd for download.)
Select: File Type for Reports —
- Rich Text
Click [Run Report]. You will be prompted to download and save the file.
Export Multiple Reports for EEOC Submission
(Recommended): Retain the default selections to include all consolidated and Establishment reports.
From Report Viewing options, select: File Export.
Click [Run Report]. The exported file will be formatted according to EEOC's technical requirements for electronic submission. You will be prompted to download the Zip file.