Plan Settings > Availability Calculation Settings
RETURN TO: Plan Settings
- External Availability Source
- Statistics Settings
- Promotion Percentage Options
Review Plan Settings for Availability Calculations
Under Settings, the second tab shows options that control how balanceAAP calculates Availability.
External Availability SourceOn the Availability Calculation Settings tab, the External Availability Source menu will be preset to the one of the following two sources, as selected under Create Plan:
- 2000 Census Data and Occupation Codes (Legacy data source)
- EEO 2006-2010 ACS Tabulation Data and 2010 Occupation Codes (Required for plans dated January 1, 2014 and later)
Legacy FunctionIf you update the census data source from the older to newer version, two related menus will appear, as described below:
Select a method for filling in missing occupation codes:
- Crosswalk — The system will rely on the U.S. Census Bureau Crosswalk.
- Auto Census Coding — The system will replace the census codes on the stored Job Code table with census codes from the selected census data source, using key words in the job title and the EEO category.
Quick Tip: To review the Crosswalk translations, visit: Census.gov / EEO Tabulation / Documentation.
Choose how to translate Recruitment Areas:
- Translate Recruitment Areas for each of the selected region types — Check off each region to translate (US Summary, State, MSA, County Set)
- Do not translate the Recruitment Areas — The Recruitment Area for all Job Groups will be defaulted to the United States.
Note: The assigned census codes and Recruitment Areas may be edited later. See: External Availability.
Statistics SettingsAs mentioned under Plan Settings, the system relies on Standard Deviation for statistical calculations involving Job Groups with adequate numbers records. By default, Job Groups containing less than 30 records will use the Exact Binomial test.
The Approaching Significance Threshold and Significance Threshold are set for Standard Deviation and Exact Binomial to provide warnings when underutilization for a group is nearing or meets the significance point, respectively. The INCUMBENCY VS. AVAILABILITY report will indicate these results.
These values should not be changed unless advised by a statistician or attorney. To make changes to any of these values, enter the desired value into the field, and click [Save] at the bottom of the page.
Promotion Percentage OptionsWhen calculating Factor Weights — the final prong in determining Availability — balanceAAP will recommend a Promotion Percentage, representing the relationship between internal and external entrants into a Job Group. By default, this figure is derived from Promotion and New Hire data.
A plan setting allows Transfer data to be considered in this calculation. Check the box for: Use both promotions and transfers when calculating new entrants into Job Groups.
HELP Cross-reference: Factor Weights / Apply Promotion Percentage.