System Tools / Report Settings
- Choose File Types for Users' Downloading of Reports
- Develop Instructions for Display to Users
- (AAP) Overview
- Select Job Groups to Display on the Plan Overview Graphs
- Set Options for the Incumbency vs. Availability Graph
- Edit the Plan Group Name (Master Plan only)
- Choose the Default Entry Page
Determine System Settings for User Interaction with Reports
By accessing System Tools > General / Report Settings, the Administrator may manage some aspects of the user experience in the balanceAAP > Reports portal. The administrative tools are stored on two management tabs:
- Reporting — Control the export file types and display a message to users.
- (AAP) Overview — Manage the graphical display, representing key plan results, and globally apply a Reports landing page.
Choose File Types for Users' Downloading of ReportsSelect one or more File Types to be available for downloading Affirmative Action reporting from the Reports > AAP Reports portal:
- PDF (.pdf) — This setting, which provides plan results in a read-only format, must be retained so users can download completed AAP Narratives.
- Word (.doc)
- Excel (.xls)
- Rich Text (.rtf)
Then, proceed to creating a message or instructional banner for users to in AAP Reports, as described next.
Develop Instructions for Display to UsersEnter text for instructions or a message, which will appear on the AAP Reports tab in an upper banner. The provided text editor relies on common word processing tools, such as buttons for applying font formatting, creating a table, or pasting from Word, to name a few.
Then take advantage of the Back to Reports link beneath the page header, and choose the AAP Reports tab to view the message.
Select Job Groups to Display on the Plan Overview GraphsUsing the top menu, check the radio button for:
- All Job Groups
- Selected Job Groups (and check off one or more of the displayed EEO Job Group options)
Quick Tip: If your organization's workforce is comprised of numerous Job Groups, scroll down to see the full list.
Set Options for the Incumbency vs. Availability GraphTo hone in or expand the information shown in this Plan Overview graph, check (or deselect) the following boxes:
- Hide Job Groups without a Placement Goal
- Show Placement Goal
Both settings are checked by default.
Edit the Plan Group Name (Master Plan only)If applicable, update a displayed Plan Group Name by editing the entry shown in the text field.
Choose the Default Entry PageNavigate to the Overview tab > Default Report View Page menu.
Next, use the provided radio buttons to —
Select the page that report users will default to when logging in:
- Plan Overview
- Dashboard (Master Plan)
If changes are made, press the [Save] button at the bottom of the page.