Master Plan Factor Weights
RETURN TO: Factor Weight Settings
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:Please review Factor Weight Settings (linked above) before reading the information below.
- Factor Weights and Job Group Structure
- Cascade Corporate Job Group Weights to Sub plans
- Import Factor Weight Settings from another Master Plan
- Assign Factor Weights by EEO Job Group
- (Optional) Assign (Job Group) Factor Weights by Plan Group
- Running the Best Utilization Rule Report in a Master Plan
Set Global Factor Weight Options
Below are additional considerations for Factor Weights, when applying them to a Master Plan and corresponding sub plans.
Master Plan Factor Weights and Job Group StructureFactor Weights are applied in the sub plans, according to the Job Group structure, as determined under Plan Codes:
Cross-reference: For more information on the Job Group structure, see: Plan Codes > Determine Job Group Structure by Plan or Sub plan.
Cascade Corporate Job Group Weights to Sub plansIn the default view (Corporate Job Group Weights), Factor Weights can be applied to all plans by scrolling down to the Sub Plans menu. Select: Yes. Apply changes to my sub plans.
Review this setting before clicking [Save].
Import Factor Weight Settings from a Master PlanWhen selecting to [Import] weights from another Master Plan, a pop-up menu will ask how the elements should be cascaded to sub plans:
- Apply Corresponding Sub Plan Settings — Choose this option when some or all of the Plan Codes in the target and source Master Plans match, allowing source sub-plan settings to be carried over.
Note: If a corresponding source sub plan does not exist, the settings will be cascaded from the source Master Plan.
- Apply Master Plan Settings — The source Master Plan settings will be applied to the target sub plans.
Then, click the [Import] button.
Assign Factor Weights by EEO Job GroupIf EEO was selected as the Job Group structure for one or more sub plans, the Factor Weights screen will display a second tab for EEO Job Group Weights. Here, you can assign weights by EEO Job Group to apply across all sub plans with that structure.
For each Job Group, the displayed weights for Factor 1 and Factor 2 may be entered or edited. As you make entries, the system will adjust the total to 100%.
Click [Save] to apply the Factor Weights, which will override any weights set within a sub plan.
(Optional) Assign (Job Group) Factor Weights by Plan GroupIf Plan Groups were determined under Reporting Levels and Availability has been defined by these groups, you may select a Plan Group from the menu header to apply weights and review Statistics.
Setting cascade to sub plans by default, so check the cascade setting at the bottom of the page before clicking [Save] in the Weight column.
Running the Best Utilization Rule Report in a Master PlanBy clicking the [Determine Best Utilization Rule] button in a Master Plan, the BEST UTILIZATION RULE report can be run for:
- Current [Master] Plan
- All Plans
- Each Plan Separately