JUMP TO: Develop IWD/Veterans Metrics in a Master Plan
- About IWD/Veterans Metrics
- Calculate Hiring Overview
- Establish Calculation Options: Automated or Manual
- (Optional) View System Formula for Hiring Overview
- Perform the Automated Hiring Overview Calculation
- Import Hiring Overview
- (Optional) Edit Hiring Overview by Job Group
- IWD Analysis Settings
- Establish a Simple Utilization Benchmark for IWDs
- (Optional) Edit the Utilization Benchmark by Job Group
- Protected Veteran Analysis Settings
- Establish a Simple Hiring Benchmark for Protected Veterans
- (Optional) Edit the Hiring Benchmark Percentage by Job Group
- (Optional) Create the Five Factor Benchmark
- About Related IWD/Veterans Required Reports
Compile Metrics for Individual with Disability and Veteran Status
The balanceAAP > IWD/Veterans module is comprised of tabs, described in this article, for developing the following:
- Hiring Overview
- IWD Analysis
- Protected Veteran Analysis
Cross-references: Please review the Federal rules to learn how they apply to your organization at the time of plan development —
OFCCP Website / Section 503 Compliance
OFCCP Website / VEVRAA Compliance
About IWD/Veterans MetricsThe IWD/Veterans analyses are performed to compare the number of Individuals with Disabilities (IWDs) and protected Veterans in your organization’s workforce with compliance benchmarks for utilization and hiring, respectively. While Veteran status is tracked during the application stage, disability status is tracked regularly across your organization’s workforce over time.
Calculate Hiring Overview
Establish Calculation Options: Automated or Manual
Important Note: Requisition Number must be populated on the Applicant Table for the system to calculate the Hiring Overview.
First, navigate to the Calculations Options menu. Review the following taglines, and check off the settings, as applicable:
- Manually enter Jobs Opened and Jobs Filled — Proceed to the Job Information menu at the top of the page, and enter numbers for:
- # of Jobs Opened
- # of Jobs Filled
- Jobs Opened should always match Jobs Filled — Most plan preparers will leave this box unchecked.
If you have not selected manual entry (as shown above), choose the type of data the system will use in determining the IWD/Veterans statistics, either:
- Applicant (Disposition) Data — Use Hired and Internal Successful data (default) and/or include Declined Offer data.
- Personnel Actions — Limit source data to New Hire data (default), or include Promotion and/or Transfer data.
(Optional) View System Formula for Hiring OverviewFor your reference, the formula used by the system to calculate the Hiring Overview is stored in a pop-up menu. Click the [View Formula] button in the Job Information menu header. The formula is as follows:
- Jobs Filled — The total number of Applicants with a Disposition Code matching one of the selected Disposition Codes.
- Jobs Opened — Unfilled Requisitions from the Applicant Data: Hired Applicants + Unique Pool IDs from Personnel Action Pools, when available = Total
Cross-reference: For information on personnel action pools, see: File Structure Details / Data Tables / Pools.
Perform the Automated Hiring Overview CalculationClick the [Calculate Jobs Filled] button, located at the bottom of the page to populate the Job Information menu.
Import Hiring OverviewIf IWD/Veterans settings are available in an external file or an existing balanceAAP plan, click the [Import Hiring Overview Settings] button, which is available at the bottom of the page. A wizard will guide you through the steps for bringing in those settings, by plan or Job Group.
(Optional) Edit Hiring Overview by Job GroupCheck the box to: Edit by Job Group. Using the provided drop-down, as necessary, select a Job Group; update the number; and Save each Job Group. The drop-down will indicate any updated Job Groups in bold face.
IWD Analysis Settings
Establish a Simple Utilization Benchmark for IWDsAfter clicking the IWD Analysis tab, retain the default IWD Utilization Benchmark of 7% (OFCCP-recommended); or enter a different number and click Save. The benchmark will apply to reporting for the entire plan.
(Optional) Edit the Utilization Benchmark by Job GroupClick Show Advanced Options to edit the Utilization Benchmark by Job Group. Select a Job Group from the drop-down; update the corresponding entry; and click Save. The drop-down will display any updated Job Groups in bold face.
Protected Veteran Analysis Settings
Establish a Simple Hiring Benchmark for Protected Veterans
The Veterans Analysis page displays the Settings tab:
- Retain the default entry (or apply the OFCCP-recommended percentage, based on plan date)
- Enter a different benchmark for the plan
Click Save. The Simple Benchmark is applied to reporting for the entire plan.
(Optional) Edit the Hiring Benchmark Percentage by Job GroupEnter the link for Show Advanced Options, and choose: Use Simple Benchmark. Then check off: Edit by Job Group.
Select a Job Group from the drop-down; update the entry; and click Save. The drop-down will display any updated Job Groups in bold face.
(Optional) Create the Five Factor BenchmarkCustomize the percentage of expected Veteran hires for local conditions.
Important Cautions: It is recommended that the Five Factor Benchmark only be used after careful consideration by regulatory and statistical experts. In addition, changing the benchmark type will cause any previous Veteran Analysis data entries to be lost.
(Optional) Check off whether to:
- Calculate the veteran applicant ratio (factor 3a) from the previous year plan?
- Calculate the veteran hire ratio (factor 3b) from the previous year plan?
Cross-reference: For information on choosing the previous year plan, see: History > Source. If Veteran data are not available in a previous year plan, deselect one or both options, and enter the information, as described below.
Select the Benchmark tab, which displays the five factors, along with corresponding fields for Raw Statistics, Weight, and Weighted Statistics.
The five factors are:
- Average percentage of Veterans in the state’s civilian labor force where the contractor is located for the prior three years, as published by OFCCP.
- Number of unemployed Veterans over the previous four quarters in the state who participated in the Employment State Delivery Service (ESDS), as published by OFCCP.
- (a) Veteran Applicant ratio from the prior year's AAP, and (b) Veteran Hiring ratio from the prior year's AAP.
- Recent assessments of outreach and recruitment effectiveness, as identified by the contractor.
- Any other factors, including but not limited to the nature of the contractor's job opening or its location, which would tend to affect the availability of qualified, protected Veterans for hire.
Reminder: BalanceAAP will populate Factor 3, if the option to calculate this factor was selected on the Veterans > Settings tab, as described above.
Using the center column, apply Weight to each factor; the total must equal 100 percent. The Weighted Statistics and a resulting benchmark will display.