BALANCEtrak > System Tools > Client Settings > Requisitions
RETURN TO: Client Settings
- Order Fields
- Requisition Numbers
- Order Statuses
The Client Settings > Requisitions tab is comprised of the following sub-tabs, which manage how Requisitions are displayed and advanced during the job application process.
Alert: Client Settings were determined during initial BALANCEtrak Implementation. Because these settings are critical to software operation, some will be locked at that time. If you have questions about settings or would like changes made, contact your system Administrator or Berkshire’s Product Support, as appropriate for your role and organization.
SettingsThe Requisitions > Settings sub-tab controls general parameters related to Requisitions. From the Requisition Settings menu, the following two global parameters can be set, as applicable:
- Do not allow a user to change a requisition's status to a closed status unless all job seekers are assigned a final applicant status.
- When editing a job description for a requisition, cascade the changes to the job code's default job description by default.
Limit the Number of Job Seekers — From the Job Seeker Limit menu, a box can be checked for: Allow the number of job seekers for each requisition to be capped.
From the provided drop-down menu, a Requisition status can be selected to occur once the Job Seeker cap has been reached.
Form Permissions — To ensure the integrity of the Forms presented to Job Seekers, users can be allowed, or not allowed, to change them once Job Seekers apply:
- After Job Seekers apply
- Until a Job Seeker has applied
- Until the Approval Process is complete
FieldsThe Fields sub-tab displays Requisition fields, indicating the following options have been applied:
-   Shows on the Job Posting page
-   Searchable on the Job Posting page
Other options may have been set for the field, depending on field type, such as:
- Make an included field Required.
- Allow use of a field in email templates.
Default fields typically include, but are not limited to:
- Establishment or Location Code
- Requisition Number
- Job Code
- Job Title
- Posting Start Date
- Posting End Date
- Employee Acceptance Date
- Time to Fill
Field names may be specific to an organization, or custom fields may have been added to the default Requisition Field list.
Note: Depending on the implementation, fields may be available for FLSA Status, Grade, and Job Group. To request these fields, contact the BALANCEtrak Administrator or Berkshire’s Product Support.
Order FieldsThe Order Fields sub-tab controls the order of Fields on the Requisition.
Requisition NumbersThe Requisition Numbers sub-tab controls how Requisition Numbers are generated by BALANCEtrak. The gray bar displays the fields that will be used in generating the Requisition Numbers, in the order the fields will be combined in doing so. An Available Fields menu displays other fields that could be used in building the number.
The Options menu contains entries for:
- # of Digits in Auto Number
- Starting Number
Alert: If the Requisition Number format is changed after Requisitions have been created, the Auto Number will be reset for any Requisitions created after the change has been made.
StatusesOn the Requisitions > Statuses sub-tab, settings for the statuses and the order in which they progress are stored. The upper drop-down controls the page display by: Requisition Status. As described below, two menu bars on the left provide access to status options by type.
All activities show a check box to: Include this Activity.
Requisition Activities — Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Approval Process
- Job Description
- Job Seekers List
- Show Requisitions on Job Posting page
- [Job Board name]
Several checkboxes are shown, depending on the activity:
- Automatically advance to the next requisition status on approval activity — Upon approval, the system will automatically advance a Requisition to the next status. Settings on the Order Statuses sub-tab (described below) define how this advancement occurs.
- Send an email to the next approver during an approval process — BALANCEtrak users that are defined to approve a requisition will receive an email to approve the Requisition in the defined order.
- Attach the job description when sending emails during an approval process.
- Send an email to the selected users when the approval process is completed for a requisition — An email will be sent to all selected users once the final approver has approved the Requisition.
- Job Seekers List — When this activity is selected for a requisition status, a list of job seekers will be displayed on the Requisition detail screen, and will be filtered by the disposition codes selected here.
Job Seeker Activities — This menu displays the following setting for the Job Seeker Hiring Approval Process:
Send an email to the next approver during an approval process.
Order StatusesThe Requisitions > Order Statuses sub-tab displays their current order, by Status Name.
WorkflowUnder Requisitions > Workflow, the displayed Workflow Settings control certain aspects of the applicant tracking process.
Note: Where settings control an automatic change in Requisition status, a drop-down menu contains the statuses your organization has in place (e.g., Pending, Awaiting Approval, Accepting Applications, Closed – Position Filled).
Position is Filled
When a job seeker is assigned a hired disposition code, and the number of hired job seekers then meets or exceeds the number of positions for the requisition, prompt the user to change the requisition status to: [make selection from drop-down].
The message the user will receive is: There are now (number of) job seekers assigned a hired disposition code, and the requisition currently has (number of) positions to be filled. Do you want to close the requisition?
In answer to the above question, the user may select [Yes] or [No].
Posting End Date is Reached
When the posting end date is reached, change the requisition status to: [make selection from drop-down].
If the tagline above is checked, two additional options become active:
When the posting end date is reached, update requisition status on internal job posting page.
When the posting end date is reached, update requisition status on external job posting page.
Requisition is Approved
If the requisition is approved, automatically move its status to: [make selection from drop-down].
Requisition is Not Approved or Approval Process is Idle
If the requisition is NOT approved, automatically move its status to: [selection from dropdown menu].
If the requisition approval process is idle for [30, or other number] days, automatically move its status to: [make selection from drop-down].
If the tagline above is checked, an additional option becomes available:
If the requisition approval process is resumed after timing out, automatically move its status to: [make selection from drop-down].
Filtering of Job Codes
Enable filtering of Job Codes during Requisition Add/Edit.