Previous Berkshire Product Release Notes
3.2 Release - Wednesday, October 29, 2014This upgrade will include the following new features and enhancements, as well as fixes for previously reported issues:
- The ability to access balanceTRAK, using a Single Sign On (SSO)
connection method.Contact Product Support for more details.
- Job Posting pages can now be set to operate in Kiosk
Mode,which will allow multiple job seekers to apply to the same requisition,using the same browser session.
- From the Review Requisition page, a link has been added that will take balanceTRAK users to the list of Job Seekers that have applied for the Requisition.
- The ability to view the Cover Letter, Resume, Prescreener, and Application has been added to the Job Seekers section of the Review Requisition page.
- The Job Seekers’
resumesearch has been enhanced to include a Boolean search option, using separators “and” or “or”.
- Additional predefined text fields for the Job Seeker’s First Name and Last Name have been added to the Email Template options.
- Job Seekers will now receive an email confirmation when
they’vesuccessfully subscribed to new job postings.
- An “In use” icon has been added to the Approval Process list to help identify which process has previously been used.
- Inactive and unused user Function Profiles can now be removed from the system.
- A new Function Profile has been added that can restrict a balanceTRAK user’s ability to delete a job
- The ability to restrict access to specific
requisitionand job descriptionfields has now been added to the page in
- Requisition fields can now be re-ordered to better meet the needs of your company’s
requisitionprocess. Contact Product Support for more details.
- Additional bug fixes
3.1 Release - Monday, May 5, 2014This upgrade will include the following new features and enhancements, as well as fixes for previously reported issues:
- An optional setting will now be available to automatically close a
requisitionwhen the number of hires meets the requisition’sspecified number of positions
job seekerand answers will now be available for system data export
- The User Permissions report has been enhanced to list active and inactive balanceTRAK users
- Usability enhancements have been made for clients having multiple Job Posting pages
- Enhancements have been made to the Requisition Detail, Job Seeker by Requisition, and Open Requisition reports to improve usability
- The capability to delete Job Seekers has been restructured and placed into its own Function Profile
- balanceTRAK users can now specify a default Application or Prescreener form on each
- General bug fixes
3.0 Release - Sunday, March 23, 2014This upgrade will include the following new features and enhancements, as well as fixes for previously reported issues:
- A new “look and feel” has been applied to balanceTRAK for improved usability
- Ability to add an EEO Statement to the Job Posting page, the Job Description page, and the Job Seeker Login page
- System enhancements for the Individuals with Disabilities (IWD) and Protected Veterans Regulations:
- Addition of the IWD question to comply with the new regulations and with the mandated wording
- Modification of the default Veterans question to comply with the new regulations and with the mandated wording
- Ability to add the newly created IWD and Veterans question to existing Self-ID form or create and manage additional Self-ID forms.
- IWD and Protected Veteran reporting enhancements
- General system bug fixes
2.2 Release - Monday, October 28, 2013This upgrade includes the following new features and enhancements, as well as fixes for previously reported issues:
Application Processand Job Seeker Options
- Improved Application Forms — The
job seekerapplication process has been revised to work more fluidly on various browsers and devices. The application process was also enhanced to improve accessibility, and be more in line with accessibility standards, for Individuals with Disabilities.
- Subscribe to Job
Openings—Job Seekers can now sign up to receive email notifications from an organization when a job fitting theirpersonalized selectionshas been opened.
- Enhanced Job Seeker Profile
Page—theJob Seeker’s profile page has been redesigned to improve usability, manage their subscriptions, and enable them to better manage their profile.
- Improved Job Description Page
Customization—theJob Description page has been improved to allow for additional information from the job posting to be included with the job description.Additionally, the look and feel of the job description page can now be customized to match job postingpages
- Separate Applicant Stage and Disposition Code
fields—thebalanceTRAK system now has the ability to separate the Applicant Status field into a dual Applicant Stage/Applicant Status model that better reflects hiring processes. The new feature will allow job seekersto be grouped by their stage in the hiring process, and their current or final disposition within each stage. Please contact Product Support for activation information.
- Client Usage
Report—asystem report has been added to the menu which shows how many requisitionshave been opened, how many job seekers have applied, and how often the system is being used by each of its users.
- Job Seeker
Limit—balanceTRAKnow provides users with the ability to set a limit on the number of job seekers that can apply for a specific requisition.Please contact Product Support for activation information.
- Importing Job
Descriptions—theability to import job descriptionshas been added to the Job Code table.
- Improved Email Features
- Job Seeker’s
Requisition—whensending an email to job seeker through balanceTRAK, or sending job seekerinformation to another balanceTRAK user, a specific requisitioncan now be selected for that candidate if they’veapplied to more than one requisition.
- Attaching a Job Seeker’s
Résuméto Calendar Event—whencreating and sending a calendar event for a specific job seeker,users now have the option to include the job seeker’s résuméas part of the appointment.
- System Email
Delay—theability to delay the auto response emails to job seekershas been added to the page. This is useful when you do not want a job seekerto be notified when they immediately faila Prescreener.
- Job Seeker Management
Enhancements—theJob Seekers list can now be filtered by Flagged Job Seekers and Internal Job Seekers by using new options in the View menu at the top of the ManagerJob Seekers page.
2.1 Release - Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013This upgrade includes the following new features and enhancements, as well as fixes for previously reported issues:
View Selected Job Seekers — Provides the ability to select and view the
application form and résumé for multiple job seekers. Additionally, job seekers can be flagged for future reference and have their status codes changed.
Email Jobs to Friends — The ability to forward job postings to friends will be added to the Job
Note: This feature will not be turned on by default. Contact Berkshire’s Product Support Team to have this enabled for your organization.
Approval Process Modification — The names of existing Approval Processes can now be edited.
Approval Process Email Templates — The emails sent by balanceTRAK during a
requisition or hiring approval can now be customized.
New Standard Requisition Fields — Requisition Fields for City, State, Postal Code, and Country are now standard fields in balanceTRAK.
Form Template Auditing — Form template changes can now be tracked and monitored in the pages under
Improved Veteran Tracking — A default Reference
Table has been added for Veteran Status, and a designated Personal Info field to track Veteran status for future reporting.
Job Seeker Filter Enhancement — The Job Seekers list can now be adjusted to show all seekers, all seekers that have completed at least one form, or all seekers that have completed an
Expanded Form Permissions — The form permissions were enhanced to allow users to choose one of the following options:
allow form edits after job seekers have applied, allow form edits until a job seeker has applied, or allow form edits until the approval process is complete.
Attach Documents to a Requisition — The ability to attach a document to a
requisition has been added to the Review Requisition page.
Enhanced Portability of Job Seeker Resumés — All uploaded resumés will now be automatically converted into PDF format removing the need of Microsoft Word or other text editors local to your computer or mobile device.
More Flexible Email
Template —s now allow the insertion of predefined text fields into the subject line.
Improved Requisition Source Section — The Sources section within a requisition has been combined with the job posting links to provide a more intuitive and integrated interface to manage your sources. Automatic postings to job boards, such as Indeed.com and US.jobs, can also be turned on or off by
requisition, as necessary.
balanceTRAK now includes version 1.0 of an API, allowing your IT professionals to read
job seeker and requisition information programmatically to integrate with your other HR systems, including Payroll and HRIS.
2.0 Release - Thursday, November 8, 2012balanceTRAK 2.0 was updated to run on ASP.NET 4.0 and updated version of supporting libraries, such as jQuery to improve efficiency of the application and enable for expanded functionality in future releases.
1.2.2 Release - Monday, December 19, 2011This upgrade includes the following new features and enhancements, as well as fixes for previously reported issues:
requisitionand job list pageshave been expanded to include the followingadditional features for efficiency purposes: a.Additional fieldscan now be added or removed to the display on these pages
- The page now differentiates between default fields and optional fields included as part of a view. Additionally optional fields may now be reordered on this screen so that they may be displayed in a particular order.
- When a user searches for
requisitionsor jobbalanceTRAK now stores this information for historical purposes. A new report has also been added to the pagewhich allows a user to see all searches performed for a requisitionor job seeker.
- Inactive users are by default no longer displayed in the balanceTRAK
userscreen. Inactive users are also removed from approval notificationsand scheduled events.
- An additional
profileoption has been added to allow / notallow users to create a new “Basic” approval processwhen submitting a requisition or hire for approval.
- Job seekers now have additional options for submitting a
cover letterwhen applying for a position. The job seekernow has the ability to manually enter the cover letterin addition to uploading a separate document.
- Users now have the ability to disable no longer needed. Disabled processes no longer appear as options when selecting an
approval processfor a requisitionor a hired job seeker.