Resolve Duplicate Job Seekers (Administrators only)
JUMP TO: Job Seeker List Tools
- About the Administrative Feature to Resolve Duplicates
- Review and Resolve Duplicate Records
About the Administrative Feature to Resolve DuplicatesWhen this optional Administrative
In addition, the tab header in each relevant Job Seeker detail will present the Duplicates tab (between History and Screenings) to support the Administrator in resolving any issues or merging records, as needed.
Note: The installation of the duplicate Job Seeker check is controlled by Client Settings. These settings also determine what records qualify as potential duplicates, based on the number of matching identifiers. If you have questions, please contact your System Administrator or Berkshire's Product Support, as appropriate for your role and organization.
Review and Resolve Duplicate RecordsQuick Tip for Multiple Duplicates of the Same Name: Before you begin, conduct a Search by Job Seeker Name to reduce the Job Seeker list. Then, sort the duplicates by Application Date / Descending. Highlight the uppermost record on the Job Seeker list to activate the most recent record. This will place the most recent record in the first column position on the Duplicates tab.
In one of the identified Job Seeker details:
- Access the Duplicates tab. A column, comprised of data entries, will represent each equivalent record. (The data entries will include identifiers, such as Name, Date of Birth, Address, City, State and Date Applied – Requisition Number.)
- By column, review the Job Seeker records, containing identifying information to determine which record represents the most current, accurate, or relevant record. Above this column, click the [Select Button] for: Primary Job Seeker.
- Field matches between that record and the other(s) will display in bold font. Teal highlighting indicates Fields in which the Primary information will be retained, while and the secondary version will be dropped.^
- Identify the record(s) to be merged into the best record, and check off that record. (The Primary Job Seeker cannot be selected.)
- Select the [Merge] button, located at the bottom of the window.
- Click [Save].
- Although the Profile information for the Primary record will be retained, identifying information on the merged records will be deleted.
- Because the Date Applied and Requisition
Numberswill be appended together in the merged record, these entries are shown in a plain font.
An entry in the Job Seeker detail > History entry will log that the record has been merged.