Resolve Duplicate Job Seekers (Administrators only)
JUMP TO: Job Seeker List Tools
- About the Administrative Feature to Resolve Duplicates
- Review and Resolve Duplicate Records
About the Administrative Feature to Resolve DuplicatesWhen this optional Administrator tool is in place, the system flags potential instances of duplicate Job Seeker records on the Job Seeker list. Each item in question will be marked with the Duplicate icon, adjacent to the Job Seeker Name.
In addition, the tab header in each relevant Job Seeker detail will present the Duplicates tab (between History and Screenings) to support the Administrator in resolving Note: The installation of the duplicate Job Seeker check is controlled by Client Settings. These settings also determine what records qualify as potential duplicates, based on the number of matching identifiers. If you have questions, please contact your System Administrator or Berkshire's Product Support, as appropriate for your role and organization.
the duplicates, as needed.
Review and Resolve Duplicate RecordsFor a Job Seeker entry, marked as a potential duplicate on the Job Seeker list:
Note: The installation of the duplicate Job Seeker check is controlled by Client Settings. These settings also determine what records qualify as potential duplicates, based on the number of matching identifiers. If you have questions, please contact your System Administrator or Berkshire's Product Support, as appropriate for your role and organization.
- For an identified record, access the Job Seeker detail > Duplicates tab.
- Review the Job Seeker Fields, containing identifying information and displayed in two columns on the Duplicates tab. (Along with personal identifiers like Name and Date of Birth, Job Seeker information will also include Application Date and Requisition Number, documenting Job Seeker activity.)
- Determine which record represents the: Primary (the most current, accurate, or relevant) Job Seeker. Click the [Select] button for this record. Field matches between that record and the other(s) will display in bold font. Yellow highlighting indicates selected and matching Fields.
- Identify the record(s) to be merged into the best record, and check off that record.
- Select the [Merge] button, located at the bottom of the
- Click [Save].
Although the Profile information for the Primary record will be retained, identifying information on the merged records will be dropped. The Application Date and Requisition Numbers will be merged together.
An entry in the Job Seeker detail > History entry will log that the record has been merged.