Tools for Multiple VETS-4212 Reports
RETURN TO: VETS-4212
- About Establishment Information
- Create Plan and Import Data for VETS
- Methods for Developing Establishment Information
- Use AAP Fields to Determine VETS Establishments
- Add Establishment Information by Data Entry
- Import Establishments from a Separate File
- Delete an Establishment
- Finalize and Export Multiple VETS-4212 Reports
- Export Multiple VETS Reports for Internal Use
- Export Multiple VETS Reports for DOL/VETS Submission
Please read the Help page, linked above, to familiarize yourself with VETS-4212 tools. Then review the following article, regarding creating multiple VETS reports from one BALANCEaap plan.
Create VETS-4212 Reports for Multiple Establishments
About Establishment InformationThe VETS-4212 report has specific requirements for determining locations (i.e., establishments); and the VETS structure may or may not align with your organization's AAP structure. Therefore, before you begin, please review the VETS instructions.
Because the VETS- 4212 report also requires information on the minimum and maximum number of employees for the reporting period, you may include New Hire and Termination tables so the system can calculate that number for you. Alternatively, the counts for minimum and maximum number of employees can be included in an imported file or entered directly, using the methods described in this and related articles.
BalanceAAP offers three methods for bringing in Establishment Information:
- Included in a master AAP data set and linked by means of coding. An Excel template is available at: AAP Excel Templates.
- Data entry, one Establishment at a time
- Import from a separate, external file. File format information can be accessed at: File Structure Details.
For all methods, employees must be tied to an establishment by coding. Read more about these methods below.
Create Plan and Import DataFirst, determine if the following apply:
- Your organization's AAP effective date does not occur during the required VETS survey period.
- The organization is comprised of multiple locations.
- All VETS reports can be created from a master data set.
- You would like VETS and AAP reporting to be distinct from each other.
If so, create a plan, following the instructions to: Create Plan. Label the new plan with a Plan Name that identifies it as "VETS-4212". Then Import a master data set, with a Roster, containing Veteran information. Include a Plan Code^ or a custom User Field in the data set to be used as the Establishment Code, which will parse data for each VETS report (as described below under: Use AAP Fields to Determine Establishments).
Finally, proceed to the VETS-4212 module.
^Quick Tip: If you have a current Master Plan for your organization, create a single plan for VETS reporting purposes. During plan creation, identify the Master Plan as the prior year plan and bring in the plan's Reference Tables.
Methods for Developing Establishment Information
Use AAP FIelds to Determine VETS Establishments
Plan Code MethodIf multiple establishments are to be represented in the VETS reporting, navigate to the provided Establishment Information drop-down, which by default is displayed as: None. Instead, choose: Plan Code.
Custom User FieldIf Plan Codes do not suffice in creating VETS establishments, a field, designating those locations, may be added to the Roster, which will tie employees to those locations. If you choose this method, add the User Field prior to Data> Import, and make sure the incoming Roster includes a column and entries for the User Field.
From the EEO-1> Establishment Information menu, select the field/column name you created from the provided drop-down.
Cross-reference: For information on creating a custom field, see: Data > Advanced > User Fields.
Add an Establishment by Data EntryBelow the Analysis Information menu, click [Add Establishment] to enter establishments one at a time. The Add Report Information menu opens. Enter the requested information to identify and organize the establishment’s report in accordance with Federal requirements, which includes:
- Type of Organization — Choose one of the following:
- P - Prime Contractor
- S - Subcontractor
- B - Both
- Type of Form — Choose one of the following as it pertains to the establishment:
- MHQ – Multiple Establishment Headquarters
- MHL – Multiple Establishment – Hiring Location
- MSC – Multiple State – Consolidated
- Number of Locations — If you selected MSC above, enter a numerical entry.
- Hiring (HL) Information — Complete address fields for the hiring location.
- (Min) and (Max) Number of Employees — Enter the minimum and maximum numbers of regular employees during the survey period for display in the report footer.
Quick Tip: To have the system perform this calculation, see: Finalize and Export Multiple VETS-4212 Reports / Review Report Settings, below.
- NAICS, DUNS, and EIN Numbers — Enter the identifying numbers for the establishment.
Click [Save]. The Establishment Information table will house added or imported records by Establishment Code.
Import Establishments from a Separate File
Quick Tip: Review the system's Establishment Information fields prior to import, by clicking [Add Establishments], and then hit [Close] when you are done reviewing the list. While only Establishment Code is required for the import to be performed, the inclusion of other fields will provide time savings.
Click [Import Establishments]. Choose the appropriate file type (Excel, Access or a text) from the drop-down. Click [Browse], locate the file on your computer, and click [Next].
Excel users — Check or uncheck the box for: Yes, the first row is column headers. Select the file and sheet name information from the drop-down.
Under Match Fields, select the field names from the drop-downs that best match the system's fields.
Notes: Some fields may be automatically matched. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
Navigate to the bottom of the page to see the Preview of Data. If satisfactory, click [Next]. Then choose whether to Overwrite (replace existing data) or Append (add to existing data).
Click [Import Data] to initiate the process. The import results will be displayed when the process is complete. The successfully imported records will display in the Establishment Information table.
Finalize and Export Multiple VETS-4212 Reports
Select Establishments — Under Select Establishment Codes, check off each Establishment, as identified by Establishment Code.
Review Report Settings — If termination and hire dates are available in AAP data, and you would like the system to calculate the minimum and maximum number of employees – Check the box for: Use calculated Min / Max values.
Then proceed to the appropriate export process below.
Export Multiple VETS Reports for Internal UseFrom Report Viewing options, select: Report Export. Then choose: Export Reports as —
- A Single File
- Separate Files (The files will be Zip'd for download.)
Select: File Type for Reports —
- Rich Text
Click [Run Report]. You will be prompted to download and save the file.
Export Multiple Reports for DOL/VETS Submission
Recommended: Make sure all Establishment reports are checked off for inclusion.
From Report Viewing options, select: File Export.
Click [Run Report]. The exported file will be formatted according to technical requirements for electronic submission to VETS. You will be prompted to download the Zip file.