BalanceAAP > Reports > Filters
RETURN TO: Reports
- Available Filters by Type (and associated balanceAAP Modules)
- What Preparations are Needed to Produce Filtered Reports?
- Determine Filter Settings
Use Previously Created Organizational Units to Filter Report Displays
While creating an AAP, one or more units may have been put in place to organize the information (e.g., Drilldowns, representing Departments). For organizations relying with multiple locations, represented by sub plans, Rollups may have been determined to aggregate results above the sub-plan level.
These and other organizational units can form the bases for voluntary internal reporting that goes beyond the limitations of AAP requirements. To do so, access the Filters tab from the AAP Reports screen, by navigating to the Filters link, located in the upper right.
Available Filters by Type (and associated balanceAAP Modules)
Master plan set:
What Preparations are Needed to Produced Filtered Reports?
So that AAP Reports can be filtered, make sure the following preparations are made while creating the plan(s):
- Import/configure Data to include the unit coding structure and the corresponding data entries.
- Navigate to the appropriate module (as listed in the bullets above), and "add" the units to the system.
Quick Reminder: Ensure that data entries are complete, both for accurate reporting and where applicable, to prevent Data > Errors.
Determine Filter SettingsAfter confirming that the above elements are accurately in place, navigate to: Reports > AAP Reports > Filter tab and determine Filter settings:
- Make selections in the provided drop-down for the relevant Filter type (e.g., Drilldown). The resulting menu options will be based on this drop-down selection.
- (If multiple unit types are in place) Choose the unit type from the displayed drop-down (e.g., Department, Functional Unit)
- From the provided menu, check off one or more of unit names (e.g., Executive Office, Marketing), or select All.
- Click the [Save Filters] button. The system will then perform the necessary calculations.
- Continue at: AAP Reports to further develop and output reporting. All viewed or exported reports will be run by the selected Filters.
Note: The system's default starting point for outputting AAP Reports from a plan is to have no Filter(s) in place. This setting is shown on the Filter drop-down as: This Plan.
Quick Tip: A banner at the top of the Reports tab will indicate a filter has been set. Before running a standard AAP, in conformance with Federal requirements, return to Reports > Filter and restore the default setting.