Import a Resume to Build a Job Seeker Record
RETURN TO: Organize the Requisition List
- Prepare the File
- Begin the Import
- Complete and Save the Record
Import Resumes to Build Job Seeker Data
WHERE IS THIS NOWPrepare File(s) — The following document formats are accepted:
- Microsoft Word (DOC, DOCX)
- Acrobat (PDF)
- Rich text (RTF)
- Plain text (TXT)
Prior to import, please review the document to make sure it has clear subhead/body text formatting and relevant information, such as Education and Employment.
Begin — Choose the [Import] button from the toolbar.
- Select one of two File Type options from the Upload Files menu:
- Upload separate files for each resume.
- Upload a zip file containing resumes.
Use the [Browse] function to locate the file on your computer. If additional files are to be uploaded, use the [Add Another File] button. When finished, select [Next] to continue.
- From the Overwrite Type menu, select one of two options:
- Update existing job seekers with the information being imported — Replace the Job Seeker’s data with the uploaded data; old data for that Job Seeker will be lost.
- Do not update existing job seekers and show a list of duplicates — View a list of updated and existing records to choose the data to retain.
Click on the [Import] button at the bottom of the menu.
- A results message will display. Choose [Import More Job Seekers] if there is an additional Job Seeker RESUME to upload
Select [Back to Job Seeker List] to view the updates.
Each file will be parsed into a Job Seeker record, including the Profile and the APPLICATION's Education and Employment Sections. The imported RESUME will be available for view, via the Documents tab.
The Job Seeker will not be associated with a Requisition, but the imported data will be included in Searches.
HOW DOES THE RECORD BECOME COMPLETE?