Approve a Requisition
- Types of Approval Request Notifications
- Approve (or Decline Approval for) a Requisition
- Respond to an Approval Reminder
- Monitor Approval Status
Participate in the Approval Process as an Approver
As a hiring manager or Human Resource decision-maker, you may be responsible for reviewing a Requisition (or a Job Seeker) and participating in an Approval Process, using balanceTRAK. If so, the software's tools will facilitate collaboration between the Requisition owner, or submitter, and one or more approvers. An Approval decision may involve one approver, several individuals, any member of a group of authorized approvers, or even, multiple groups.
Each approver can respond to a sign-off request with an approval or a non-approval decision, and Comments to record the rationale. In return, each approver will receive an email confirmation, confirming his or her decision.
Types of Approval Request NotificationsAs a participating approver, the user will receive:
- An email notification, containing links for the following three approval responses:
- I want to log in and view the requisition.
- I want to approve this requisition without logging in.
- I want to decline this requisition without logging in.
- A notification in the Pending Approvals tile on the approver’s Home page Dashboard will indicate a Requisition requires approval.
Approve (or Decline Approval for) a Requisition
- Express Approval — From the email message, select to approve or decline the Requisition without logging in. A reply banner will confirm your Approval decision. If you are a member of a group of authorized approvers, the banner will let you know if another member of your group already approved the Requisition.
- Use the Requisition detail — From the first provided link in the email message or the Dashboard's Pending Approvals tile, log into balanceTRAK and proceed directly to the Approvals tab. A flow diagram, representing the designated Approval Process, will display at the bottom of the tab, listing each approver and Approval outcome. Input one of the following decisions, and include: (optional) Comments:
- Approve — Sends an email message to the submitter and moves the process on to the next Approver. After final approval, the tab will indicate a date-stamped status line: The Requisition has been approved.
- Decline — Sends an email message to the submitter and other Approvers by email.