Match Applicants and New Hires
RETURN TO: Data Tables (and Tools)
- Export a Workbook to Review Data
- Perform Batch Processing to Reconcile Data
- Use Swap Hires to Automatically Update the Applicant table
- Clean up Requisitions Based on Requisition Number
- Update Applicant Information
- Import Corrected Apps to Hires Workbook
- Reviewing Master Plan Data / Apps to Hires Batch Processing
Reconcile Applicant and New Hire Data
Both the Applicant and New Hire Data tables will contain information, describing who was hired at your organization and what positions were filled during the plan's analysis period. Therefore, the two tables should be reviewed for accuracy. If inconsistencies or extraneous Applicant data are found, the data may be reconciled in balanceAAP.
Quick Tip: As an indicator of potential inconsistencies, compare the number of applicants hired to the number of new hires.
Access Helpful Tools — Make sure you have navigated to: Data > Data Tables:
- Select Applicant (table) from the upper drop-down.
- Click the [Apps to Hires] button in the Applicant table header.
Read the remainder of the article below to help you decide which method(s) will work best for the issues that are presented.
Export a Workbook to Review DataScroll to the bottom of the Rules menu:
- Select whether to: Include Excel formatting. (A selection of Yes will create a spreadsheet with shaded data rows.)
- Click the button: [Export Apps to Hires Workbook].
- The system will generate an Excel file, showing issues by category for your review (e.g., Partial Matches, Hired Applicants without New Hire).
For information on importing a corrected workbook, jump to Import Corrected Apps to Hires Workbook below.
Perform Batch Processing to Reconcile DataAt the bottom of the page, the Batch Processing toolbar includes the following buttons, which initiate operations to "clean up" data, depending on the issue(s) to be resolved:
Use Swap Hires to Automatically Update the Applicant table
- Carefully review the Applicant table for "Hired" entries in the Applicant Disposition column, as these entries will be replaced with appropriate data from the New Hire table.
- Click the [Swap Hires] button in the Batch Processing toolbar. (Disability and Veteran status will also be transferred.)
Clean up Requisitions Based on Requisition NumberSelect [Clean up Requisitions] from the Batch Processing toolbar, and two options are presented:
- Delete Applicants, if Requisition lacks an Applicant Disposition Code of Hired.
- Update Requisition Job Codes to match the Job Code of the New Hire(s), if one Job Code was used in both.
Click the [Clean up Requisitions] button again to initiate the process.
Update Applicant InformationClick the third toolbar button from the left, [Update Applicant Info], to globally update blank and/or mismatched entries in the Applicant table with corresponding New Hire entries.
- From the provided menu, select a field (e.g., Job Code, Req[uisition] #)
- Choose whether to update Blank, Mismatched, or both types of values.
- Choose [Update] to apply.
You can also [Preview] the updates in table format before applying them.
Import Corrected Apps to Hires WorkbookOnce a workbook has been exported (as described above) and corrected, it can be re-imported into the system, by clicking the [Import Apps to Hires Workbook] button:
- Select a Hired Disposition code from the provided drop-down.
- [Choose File] from your computer.
- Click the [Upload] button.