Send Email (and Forms) from the Job Seekers List
RETURN TO: Perform Job Seeker Actions
- About Email Templates
- Send Bulk Email to Job Seekers
- Select one or more Recipients
- Choose an Email Template and/or Compose Message
- Insert Tags (if Needed)
- Preview and Send Email
- Forward a Job Seeker to Another User
- Full List of Available "Send" Actions
Send Bulk Email to Communicate with Multiple Job SeekersBalanceTRAK offers two ways to communicate with Job Seekers:
- By individual Job Seeker, from the Job Seeker detail
- In "bulk," from the Job Seeker list
Although an individual Job Seeker may also be contacted from the Job Seeker list, the bulk method facilitates contacting multiple Job Seekers on the same topic, all at once.
About Email TemplatesYour organization's software Implementation comes with Email Templates you can use for typical interactions with Job Seekers (and colleagues) during the screening process. Stored in the system at Settings > Email Templates and managed by your client-side Administrator, these templates will be available for selection when composing an email.
Typical templates may include:
- Application Reminder
- Invite (Copied) Job Seeker to Apply
- Not Qualified
- Send Auto Acknowledgement
- Send Self-Identification Form
- Send Background Check Form
1. Select one or more RecipientsTo send an email from the Job Seekers list, select the check box next to one or more Job Seekers; then choose Send Bulk Email from the upper Actions drop-down.
Quick Tip: If a Job Seeker has applied to multiple Requisitions, make sure the box for the appropriate Requisition is checked.
The Send Email menu opens on the right, replacing the detail window. Within this window, the selected recipient(s) will display in the left column, with the composition area the right.
2. Choose an Email Template and Compose MessageUnder Email Content, select one of the following:
- Use your own text — (For users with permission to send customized emails only) Enter: Subject Line and Body. Format the Body, using the provided formatting toolbar.
- Choose an Email Template — From the template drop-down, choose the appropriate option from those provided.
The Subject Line and Body are pre-populated: Based on user permissions, the content may be editable or locked.
Quick Tip: When editing message content, be careful with tags (identified by brackets), as these placeholders pull in important personalized content or links.
(Optional) Below the Job Seeker address, enter one or more user email addresses in the BCC Field.
Add any file Attachments to the message from your computer, using the [Browse] button.
Reminder: When sending a blank Form to Job Seekers, they will receive a link in the email message to the on-line Form.
If you are composing an email message that requires a link to a Form or you want to merge in data from a balanceTRAK Field, click the Insert Tags icon, located below the Body composition window.
Insert Tags (If needed)
From the Insert Tags column on the left, select the information to include. Finally, press the Close button and return to the composition view.
3. Preview and Send EmailAfter composing the message, select the [Preview ] button from the lower toolbar to verify the recipients and content. If the message is satisfactory, Close the preview, and select [Send]. Otherwise, edit the message, first.
Cross-reference for Administrators: For more information regarding how to set up an Email Template, see: Settings > Email Templates.
Forward a Job Seeker to Another UserAfter selecting one or more Job Seekers, choose Forward Job Seeker from the Actions drop-down. A Send Email window opens on the right, with options for recipients, content, and attachments. For this feature, rather than recipients being displayed in the left column, the included Job Seekers will show.
In the To field, enter one or more balanceTRAK Users, separated by semi-colons. Enter external e-mail addresses, if any, in the Additional Recipients field below, separated by semicolons.
Continue creating the email message, as described above at: Compose Email Message.
Add Attachments — By default, the Job Seeker's RESUME is sent with the email message.
To add Forms and Documents from the system, make appropriate selections:
- COVER LETTER
- Additional Documents (stored in the system)
Finally, [Preview] and [Send] the email message.
Full List of Available "Send" Actions
- Send Bulk Email
- Send Invitation to Requisition
- Forward Job Seeker
- Send Response Letter
- Send Self-ID (Identification) Form
- Send Other Form