Resolve Duplicate Job Seekers (Administrators only)
JUMP TO: Job Seeker List Tools
- About the Administrative Feature to Resolve Duplicates
- Review and Resolve Duplicate Records
About the Administrative Feature to Resolve DuplicatesWhen this optional Administrative feature is in place, the system scans the Profile for each Job Seeker to determine whether identifiers indicate the potential for duplicate records. On the Job Seeker list, each item in question will be marked with the Duplicate icon, adjacent to the Job Seeker Name.
In addition, the tab header in each relevant Job Seeker detail will present the Duplicates tab (between History and Screenings) to support the Administrator in resolving any issues or merging records, as needed.
Note: Client Settings control both the installation of this feature and the formula used to determine which records qualify as potential duplicates. If you have questions, please contact your System Administrator or Berkshire's Product Support, as appropriate for your role and organization.
Review and Resolve Duplicate RecordsQuick Tip for Multiple Duplicates of the Same Name: Before you begin, conduct a Search by Job Seeker Name to reduce the Job Seeker list. Then, sort the duplicates by Application Date / Descending. Highlight the uppermost record on the Job Seeker list to activate the most recent record. This will place the most recent record in the first column position on the Duplicates tab.
In one of the identified Job Seeker details:
- Access the Duplicates tab. Here, a column, comprised of data entries, will represent each equivalent Job Seeker Profile.^
- Review the Job Seeker records to determine which record represents the most current, accurate, or relevant record. Above this column, click the [Select] button for: Primary Job Seeker.
- Fields that were scanned for matches between that record and the other(s) will display in bold font. Teal highlighting indicates Fields in which the Primary information will be retained, and the secondary version(s) dropped.^
- Identify the record(s) to be merged into the Primary record, and above the column(s), check off the record(s). (The Primary Job Seeker cannot be selected.)
- Select the [Merge] button, located at the bottom of the window.
- Click [Save].
- Depending on the software Implementation, up to nine Fields may display. The data entries will include identifiers, such as Name, Date of Birth, Address, City, State and Date Applied – Requisition Number.
- The formula for determining potential duplicates is based on the number of Fields to be scanned and the number of matching identifiers among those Fields.
- Review the data entries carefully because identifying information in the secondary records will be lost during the merge.
- Since the Date Applied and Requisition Number entries will be appended together in the merged record, these entries are shown in a plain font.
- Federally covered employers should merge records rather than delete a Job Seeker.
An entry in the Job Seeker detail > History entry will log that the record has been merged.