BALANCEtrak > Administrative Settings: Archive Settings
- About the Archiving Process
- Default Archive Settings
- Review and Customize Archive Settings
- Perform Archiving
- Export an Archive File
- What Information is Saved in the Archive File?
- Delete an Archive
An Administrator may access Administrative Settings > Archive Settings to:
- Manage Automatic Archive Settings to control how automatic archiving is performed
- Work with Archives to perform archiving and export data
About the Archiving ProcessTo help keep your organization’s data current and improve system load times, BALANCEtrak employs default settings to archive (and appropriately delete) data at determined intervals:
- When a Requisition’s Status is changed to Closed, the system will generate a Close Date, starting the “clock” on the data retention period.
- The system will run an annual archiving scan to collect legacy data. The archived files will be available on the Archives tab for an additional time period. During this time, an existing archive file can be exported for storage outside the system.
Note: If a Job Seeker is associated with both a legacy and an open Requisition, that Job Seeker’s information will remain active in the system. If you are an Administrator and have questions regarding the archiving process or archived materials, please contact Berkshire’s Product Support.
Default Archive SettingsBy default, a Closed Requisition and its associated Job Seeker information will display for three years, or 36 months, after the Close Date. After an additional three months, or 90 days, the information will be deleted. If your organization is a Federal contractor, BALANCEtrak’s default Archive Settings will meet Office of Federal Contractor Compliance Programs (OFCCP) requirements for recordkeeping.
Review and Customize Archive SettingsTo review the default settings or change them, first access the Archive Settings > Automatic Archive Settings tab.
The upper menu contains Automatic Creation and Deletion settings for archiving time intervals:
- Automatically create archive for data that is older than [Number of] months. (The default is: 36.)
- Archive data on [month/date] annually. (The default is: January 1.)
- Keep archives for [number of] days. (The default is: 90.)
Then, specify field to use for data archives:
- Requisition Closing Date (default) — This date is triggered when a Requisition Status, indicating Closed, is applied.
- Application Date
Click [Save] if any changes are made.
Perform ArchivingChoose the Archive Settings > Archives tab. If any Archives have already been established, links for those files will display.
The archiving process may be performed at any time for Requisition-based data sets older than a year. First, proceed to the Options menu. By default, a check box will be ticked to: Automatically remove data from BALANCEtrak once the archive file has been created. Uncheck this box, as necessary.
Important Caution: If the box is checked, the archived data cannot be restored to the system.
Next, enter a date that is at least one year prior to the current date. Then click the [Create Archive] button to initiate the process as a one-off activity. The newly created archive file will be added to the Archives list, labeled by:
- Archive Created (Date / time)
Quick Tip: If the records contain a significant amount of data, choose [Run in Background] so you can continue working in other areas.
Export an Archive FileExport an existing archive on the Archives list by clicking the Date / time link. Then follow the Windows prompts to open and/or save the Zip file.
What Information is Saved in the Archive File?The archive’s Zip file will contain the following elements:
- Requisition Information
- Excel file, containing Requisition Information field entries by Requisition
- CSV files, containing Requisition, Job Seeker History
- PDFs of the Job Descriptions, labeled by Requisition
Quick Tip: The Requisition's Job Description can be exported prior to archiving by following these instructions: Export a Job Description.
- Job Seekers Information (by Requisition)
- Excel file, containing Name, Email, Phone Number, Date Applied, Stage and Status for each Job Seeker
- PDFs of all completed Forms
- PDFs of submitted Resumes
Notes: Job Seeker information can be correlated by referencing the Job Seeker's sequential identifying number. Sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g., Social Security Number) will not be exported.
Delete an ArchiveClick the [Delete] icon to the left of the archive entry.