Perform Job Seeker-related Actions
RETURN TO: Use the Review Job Seeker Detail
KEY TOPICS:Where installed:
- Submit a Job Seeker for Background Check
- Initiate (or Participate in) the Hiring Approval Process
- Submit a Job Seeker for Hiring Approval
- Cancel the Hiring Approval Process for a Job Seeker
- Approve a Submitted Job Seeker for Hire
- View Approval Process and History
- Submit the Hired Job Seeker to Onboarding
Use Review Job Seeker and other Tools for Hiring Approval
Once a candidate has been selected as a potential hire, balanceTRAK supports and helps automate the next steps in the process. These tools are available by navigating to the Job Seekers tab and accessing a Job Seeker record ( Review Job Seeker detail).
Submit a Job Seeker for Background CheckFirst, the information necessary for the background screening must be collected from the Job Seeker.
Then, in the Review Job Seeker detail, scroll down to: Jobs Applied To. Click [Expand] for a specific Requisition Number. Under Background Check, click on [Submit]. Follow the provided prompts to initiate background screening through the third-party provider.
HELP Cross-references: For information on using a Background Check form, see:
Initiate (or Participate in) the Hiring Approval ProcessFor actions involving hiring approval, there are two user audiences:
- Submitter — The recruiter or HR professional who coordinates aspects of applicant workflow, such as screening, interviews, and the selection of candidates for hire
- Approver — The hiring manager with decision-making authority
Submit a Job Seeker for Hiring ApprovalOn the Review Job Seeker detail, scroll down to Jobs Applied To. Click [Expand] for a specific Requisition Number to show the Hiring Approval Process menu.
Click the [Submit for Approval] button. Most users will only be permitted to select one of the Existing processes from the provided drop-down. However, please review the process to ensure it contains the proper approvers and steps, or select another one.
Click [Save] to initiate the process. An email will be sent to Selected Approvers, and the Approval Process menu will appear when the approver enters the Review Job Seeker detail from the Job Seekers list.
If the Approval Process menu is not sufficient, contact your balanceTRAK Administrator. If you are an Administrator, you may add a new process at this time, as outlined next.
Cancel the Hiring Approval Process for a Job SeekerA [Cancel] button in the Approval Process menu is made available for the submitter, who can discontinue an ongoing process. When the confirmation message appears, click [OK].
Create the Approval Process (Administratiors only)After [Submit for Approval] is clicked, select the radio button for: New. Below the page header, users who have the following system permission will display as Available Approvers, in the left-hand column:
- Allowed to approve Job Seekers for hire
- Have user access for the [Business unit] code and the current Requisition
Drag and drop one or more users from Available Approvers (on the left) to Selected Approvers, the column on the right side. Reorder multiple Selected Approvers by dragging and dropping them above or below each other; each Selected Approver will receive an approval request once the preceding approver has replied with: Approve.
To reuse this Approval Process, click the checkbox: Save this process for later use. Then, provide a: Process Name.
Quick Tip: If the Approval Process is specific to hiring, enter a name that reflects its particular use.
Clicking [Save] will initiate the process, in the same manner as using an Existing one.
Help Cross-references: Administrators may refer to the following information:
- Make an Existing Approval Process Active/Inactive
- Create an Approval Process in Advance
Approve a Submitted Job Seeker for HireIf Job Seeker has been submitted for hiring approval and you are a Selected Approver, notifications will be sent, automatically. In addition, an Approval Process menu will be available on the Review Job Seeker detail. Navigate to: Jobs Applied to, and [Expand] the Requisition record.
An approver may also access the Approval Process menu, from:
- The email notification
- A message banner on the Home page Dashboard
- A message banner at the top of the (Review Job Seeker detail
- Requisitions > Review Requisition detail / Job Seekers table / Job Seeker record
Using Email — The approver will receive an email notification, containing the following three approval responses:
- I want to log in and view the job seeker. (And follow the instructions directly above.)
- I want to approve this job seeker without logging in.
- I want to not approve this job seeker without logging in.
Using balanceTRAK — The Approval Process menu will contain a Comment field and buttons to:
- Approve — Sends an email message to the submitter (and the next Selected Approver in order) by email.
- Not Approve — Sends an email message to the submitter by email, and the message in the Approval Process menu (and history) will state: The Job Seeker has NOT been approved.
View Approval Process and HistoryFrom the Approval Process menu, both the submitter and the approver may:
- [View Process] — A list of designated approvers
- [View History] — The current approval history by: Name, Date, Status, and Comments
To return to the main screen, click the [Close] icon in the menu header.
Submit the Hired Job Seeker to OnboardingIf your organization currently have an account with EMPTrust, the ( Review Job Seeker detail for each "hired" Job Seeker will have an EMPTrust menu.
Once all required fields have been populated for the Job Seeker’s record, click the [Submit] button. A message will indicate that the information has been forwarded to EMPTrust. To send any additional or edited information, click the [Resubmit] button.