Approve a Job Seeker
RETURN TO: Perform an Individual Job Seeker Action
- What Happens when a Job Seeker is Approved?
- Participate in Job Seeker Approval (Where implemented)
- Approval (needed) Notifications
- Approve (or Reject) a Job Seeker
Authorize Approval of the Selected Candidate
Once a candidate has been selected as a potential hire, balanceTRAK supports and helps automate the next steps in the process. These tools are available by navigating to the Job Seekers module and accessing the Job Seeker detail.
What Happens when a Job Seeker is Approved?If the Approval Process involves an applicant:
- The Job Seeker can be sent an Offer Letter.
Participate in Job Seeker Approval (Where implemented)
Approval (needed) NotificationsAs a participating approver, the user will receive:
- An email notification, containing links for the following three approval responses:
- I want to log in and view the job seeker.
- I want to approve this requisition job seeker without logging in.
- I want to decline this requisition job seeker without logging in.
- A notification in the Pending Approvals tile on the approver’s Home page Dashboard will indicate a Job Seeker [by Name] requires approval.
Approve (or Reject) a Job Seeker
Initiate (or Participate in) the Hiring Approval ProcessFor actions involving hiring approval, there are two user audiences:
- Submitter — The recruiter or HR professional who coordinates aspects of applicant workflow, such as screening, interviews, and the selection of candidates for hire
- Approver — The hiring manager with decision-making authority
Submit a Job Seeker for Hiring ApprovalOn the Review Job Seeker detail, scroll down to Jobs Applied To. Click [Expand] for a specific Requisition Number to show the Hiring Approval Process menu.
Click the [Submit for Approval] button. Most users will only be permitted to select one of the Existing processes from the provided drop-down. However, please review the process to ensure it contains the proper approvers and steps, or select another one.
Click [Save] to initiate the process. An email will be sent to Selected Approvers, and the Approval Process menu will appear when the approver enters the Review Job Seeker detail from the Job Seekers list.
If the Approval Process menu is not sufficient, contact your balanceTRAK Administrator. If you are an Administrator, you may add a new process at this time, as outlined next.
Cancel the Hiring Approval Process for a Job SeekerA [Cancel] button in the Approval Process menu is made available for the submitter, who can discontinue an ongoing process. When the confirmation message appears, click [OK].
Create the Approval Process (Administratiors only)After [Submit for Approval] is clicked, select the radio button for: New. Below the page header, users who have the following system permission will display as Available Approvers, in the left-hand column:
- Allowed to approve Job Seekers for hire
- Have user access for the [Business unit] code and the current Requisition
Drag and drop one or more users from Available Approvers (on the left) to Selected Approvers, the column on the right side. Reorder multiple Selected Approvers by dragging and dropping them above or below each other; each Selected Approver will receive an approval request once the preceding approver has replied with: Approve.
To reuse this Approval Process, click the checkbox: Save this process for later use. Then, provide a: Process Name.
Quick Tip: If the Approval Process is specific to hiring, enter a name that reflects its particular use.
Clicking [Save] will initiate the process, in the same manner as using an Existing one.
Cross-references: Administrators may refer to the following information:
- Make an Existing Approval Process Active/Inactive
- Create an Approval Process in Advance
Approve a Submitted Job Seeker for HireIf Job Seeker has been submitted for hiring approval and you are a Selected Approver, notifications will be sent, automatically. In addition, an Approval Process menu will be available on the Review Job Seeker detail. Navigate to: Jobs Applied to, and [Expand] the Requisition record.
An approver may also access the Approval Process menu, from:
- The email notification
- A message banner on the Home page Dashboard
- A message banner at the top of the (Review Job Seeker detail
- Requisitions > Review Requisition detail / Job Seekers table / Job Seeker record
Using Email — The approver will receive an email notification, containing the following three approval responses:
- I want to log in and view the job seeker. (And follow the instructions directly above.)
- I want to approve this job seeker without logging in.
- I want to not approve this job seeker without logging in.
Using balanceTRAK — The Approval Process menu will contain a Comment field and buttons to:
- Approve — Sends an email message to the submitter (and the next Selected Approver in order) by email.
- Not Approve — Sends an email message to the submitter by email, and the message in the Approval Process menu (and history) will state: The Job Seeker has NOT been approved.
View Approval Process and HistoryFrom the Approval Process menu, both the submitter and the approver may:
- [View Process] — A list of designated approvers
- [View History] — The current approval history by: Name, Date, Status, and Comments
To return to the main screen, click the [Close] icon in the menu header.