Add a Requisition
- How Requisitions are Numbered
- Add a Requisition
- Helpful Tips for Creating the Requisition
- About the Default Form(s) and Requisitions
- Add Multiple Requisitions
Add one or Multiple Requisitions to the System
Choose Requisitions from the side navigation menu to add one or more Requisitions to the system. Once the Requisition is added, its content can be developed, as described in the Next Steps linked above.
How Requisitions are NumberedTypically, balanceTRAK is configured to automatically number Requisitions, but your Implementation may allow numbers to be added by the Requisition creator. If so, a required field for Requisition Number will display in the Add Requisition menu (which is described below under: Add a Requisition).
Help Cross-reference: If you are an Administrator, see: Client Settings, for a full list of this and other software Implementation settings.
Add a RequisitionClick [Add] in the toolbar to open the Add Requisition menu. Enter the information for each required (and optional) Requisition field, and click [Save].
Helpful Tips for Creating the RequisitionAt the time a Requisition is added to the system, basic identifying information will be entered into the Requisition's data fields.
Note: The particular fields will be configured and labeled, based on your organization's terminology and applicant workflow.
- Required Fields — As marked with an asterisk, typical required fields include: Type of Position. [Business unit] Code, Job Code, Location, and Posting Start Date. Other fields may also be required.
- Posting Start Date — Select the date that Applications will be accepted for the Requisition.
- Recruiter — Specify by numeric or text entry.
- Cap Job Seekers — If configured, enter a number for: Maximum Number of Job Seekers. Then, from the provided drop-down, choose a Requisition status to be triggered by the cap.
- Job Seeker Filter Settings —
- Show All
- Must Complete One Form (A Job Seeker will not be shown in the system until at least one form, PRESCREENER or APPLICATION, is completed.)
- Must Complete Application (A Job Seeker will not be shown until the APPLICATION is completed.)
- Add Job Code — (Users with appropriate permissions) If the Job Code drop-down is not sufficient, click the Add New Job Code link. The new Job Code will be inserted into the system’s Job Code Reference table, one of the system's Reference Tables, so that it will be available when adding a future Requisition.
If you have no additional Requisitions to add, click [Save]. The system will display the Review Requisition detail, which is comprised of menus for building the Requisition you just created. See: Build the Requisition. The Requisition is also added to the Requisitions list.
The instructions for adding multiple Requisitions are included below.
About the Default Form(s) and RequisitionsFor most Implementations, a default PRESCREENER or APPLICATION Form will be included when a new Requisition is created. The system may also automatically include a default PRESCREENER or APPLICATION that has been previously associated with the Requisition's Job Code/Title.
Note: In some Implementations, a PRESCREENER will be used to reduce the applicant pool to only those meeting basic, minimum qualifications.
- Forms can be added, see: Build the Requisition / Add a Form to a Requisition.
- If you are an Administrator, Settings for Form Templates accomplish the Requisition-Form linkage.
Add Multiple RequisitionsClick [Save and Add] when saving the first Requisition. This will open the Add Requisition menu for the next Requisition. When finished, select [Save], or continue with [Save and Add]. If multiple Requisitions were added, the Review Requisition detail will open for most recently saved Requisition.
To develop content for any of the other new Requisitions, select Requisitions from the side navigation menu, and open the Review Requisition detail.