System Tools > User Management / TRAK
JUMP TO: Profile Management
- How the User Management Module is Organized
- Settings for Location Access
- What Elements are Needed to Create a New User?
- Add a New User
- Activate (or Deactivate) an Existing User
- User List Tools
- Filter the User List
- Include Inactive Users
- Clear an Existing Filter
- Search the User List
- Edit an Existing User's Record
- Quickly Change the User's Profile
- View whether Administration Privileges are Turned on
Administer User Credentials for BalanceTRAK
Note: The functions described in this article are for users with Administrative-level permissions; these functions may not display or be editable in your environment. If you have questions regarding the functions available to you, please contact your system Administrator or Berkshire’s Product Support, as appropriate for your role and organization.
The User Management module houses a comprehensive User list, allowing the Administrator to review, update, and maintain user accounts for balanceTRAK. Your organization’s software Implementation comes preloaded with accounts for an initial group of users. If you are an Administrator, you may add a new user or edit an existing user record.
To access the User list and the accompanying tools:
- Click the System Tools icon in BALANCEtrak's page header.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Security / User Management link.
How the User Management Module is OrganizedThe existing User list will appear in the left-hand column. By selecting a line item here, the Administrator can review details for the highlighted user in the right-hand window.
The User list, along with the TRAK detail view (as described below), will display in the balanceWORKS > User Management environment.
Every user will have the following tabs in the detail view:
- User Info — The entry tab, containing Basic Information. (If the user is an Administrator, the tab will display activated permissions by software.)
- Security — A tab for the Administrator to require the user to: Change Password on Logon. This is applicable for a new user or to allow an existing user to reset his or her Password.
- TRAK — A software-specific tab, comprised of menus for editing the current access assignments. (For subscribers to multiple balanceWORKS applications, a tab will respresent each product.)
Quick Tip: While a Profile can be assigned to the user in User Management, the Profile's definition is controlled through: Profile Management.
What Elements are Needed to Create a New User?The balanceTRAK user is defined by the following system entries:
- Creating the user in the system, based on identifying information (i.e., Email, First Name, Last Name)
- Activating the user
- Assigning a balanceTRAK Profile to the user (e.g., Hiring Manager)
- (If multiple Locations) Designating the user's access by organizational unit (e.g., Baltimore, Engineering)
Add a New UserFrom the upper toolbar in the left column, click the [Add New] button to open the User Info tab:
- Enter the Email (address) to serve as the user’s login ID.
- Enter the user’s First Name, Last Name, and (optional) Phone Number/Extension.
- The Active button will be toggled by default, but can be switched to off, if needed.
- Toggle the Activation Email (at this time or later).
Caution: Because the Email address identifies the user, only one user per email address can be added to the system.
Click [Add] to append the User list with the new user.
Proceed to developing the user's record, as described in this article.
Deactivate (or Activate) an Existing UserAs a critical setting, the Active toggle switch turns on (or turns off) the user's access to log into a balanceTRAK or another balanceWORKS application.
Accordingly, this setting is stored on the User Info tab for each user. Select the user from User list, navigate to the bottom of the Basic Information menu, and change the setting. Click the [Save] button to apply.
Quick Tip: Deactivation may be the only setting allowed for your organization. It may also be the preferred setting over permanently deleting the user, particularly for Administrators who manage access for multiple balanceWORKS applications.
User List tools
Filter the User ListTo review options and customize the User list view, click the Change Filters icon from the User list header.
Navigate to the TRAK tab. Then, check off one or more options from the Profiles and/or Locations menus. Apply the action by clicking the [Apply Filter] button, located in the upper toolbar.
Quick Tip: If your organization has numerous Locations, usebTRAK-specific Filters to reduce the display of access options.
After choosing the Change Filters icon, check the box under the Options header, with the tagline: Show Inactive Users. Apply this option by pressing [Apply Filter].
Include Inactive Users
A yellow banner at the top of the User list will indicated the Filter is in place. To restore the full User list, click the banner's Clear Filter link.
Clear an Existing Filter
Search the Users ListParticularly beneficial for organizations with large numbers of users, a Search bar is located in the User list's upper toolbar. Simply enter part of an Email (address), First Name, or Last Name to return one or more results.
Restore the full User list by returning to the Search bar and pressing the Delete icon.