Organize the Job Seeker List
- Job Seeker Icons
- Assign Applicant Status
- View Multiple Job Seekers (and Assign Status)
- Delete a Job Seeker
- Send Job Seeker Info(rmation to Colleagues)
- Associate a Job Seeker with a Requisition and Send Information
- Copy Job Seekers to another Requistion
- Import a Resume to Update Job Seeker Data
Job Seeker IconsClick on an icon to the left of each Job Seeker record for quick links to:
- [Review] an individual Job Seeker’s information.
- Open an associated document, such as [Cover Letter] or [Resume].
Quick Tip: If a repeat Job Seeker applies to a job Requisition without uploading a new resume, the system automatically associates the Job Seeker’s most recent prior resume with the Requisition.
- [Prescreener] information and application [Application] information.
- [Flag] a Job Seeker to highlight the record in red. Click the icon a second time to clear the highlighting.
Assign Applicant Status
To assign applicant status to a Job Seeker or change it, a Requisition number/name must be selected from the Requisition drop-down. Click the check box next to one or more Job Seekers, then choose [Assign (Applicant status)] from the button bar.
When the pop-up window appears, select the appropriate status from those provided. Click [Assign] to apply the setting.
Note: The system will display the name of the data field(s) used to denote applicant status (e.g., Applicant Stage, Disposition Code).
Other Methods for Assigning Applicant Status: Status can also be applied using the [View Selected Job Seekers] button or by clicking the displayed Applicant Status entry in the individual Job Seeker’s detail, under: Jobs Applied To.
balanceTRAK can be configured to send automatic email messages to Job Seekers, based on status assignments. Refer to: System Tools—General>Email Settings. Requisitions are also assigned status; please refer to: Requisition Statuses.
View Multiple Job Seekers (and Assign Status or Flag)
Select the check box next to two or more Job Seekers. Click on the [View Selected Job Seekers] button, which becomes active in the button bar.
The Job Seeker selections display, organized by the following tabs:
- Resume (current)
Use the page controls at the top of the page to click through the RESUMES and APPLICATIONS, in the order they were originally selected.
From either tab, assign an Applicant Status, using the tagline located beneath the tab header. If the Job Seeker has not been assigned a Status, click on Assign; if a current Applicant Status requires updating, click on the displayed entry to change it. Then from the Applicant Status drop-down, select the appropriate option, and [Save].
Note: Typical balanceTRAK options include Hired, Not Qualified, Withdrew Application, Set up 1st Interview, and Ready for Offer Approval, but the system may provide others.
Also available is a check box
to Flag Job Seeker on the Job Seekers list and highlight the record with a red overlay.
When finished, close the window to return to the Job Seekers list.
Delete a Job Seeker
Select the check box next to one or more Job Seekers, and then click [Delete Selected]. Verify the deletion, and click [OK] to continue.
Send Bulk Email to Job Seekers
To send an email, select the checkbox [Check Box] next to one or more Job Seekers; then choose [Send Bulk Email] from the button bar. The Send Email menu opens.
Quick Tip: A group of Job Seekers may be selected based on Applicant Status to receive a standard response letter.
Under Email Content, select one of the following:
- Use your own text. (For users with permission to send customized emails only.) Enter Subject Line and Body. Format the Body, using the provided formatting toolbar.
- Choose a Template From the Template drop-down, choose the appropriate option from those provided. Typical templates may include Not Qualified, Send Auto Acknowledgement, or Send Background Check Form. The Subject Line and Body are pre-populated, but can be edited. Enter information for any template tags (identified by brackets).
Add any file Attachments to the message from your computer, using the [Browse] button.
Preview and Send Email
After composing the message, select [Preview and Send]. A Preview window appears; if the message is satisfactory, select [Send], or click [Cancel] to edit the message.
Notes: An individual email may also be sent from the Review Job Seeker detail, using the Job Seeker Information
Cross-reference: For more information regarding how to set up an email template, see: Administrative Settings>Email Templates.
Send Job Seeker Info(rmation to Colleagues)
Select one or more Job Seekers. Choose [Send Info] from the button bar. A Send Email window opens labeled with the Job Seeker’s name.
Under Send To, select one or more balanceTRAK Users, using the provided check boxes. Enter external e-mail addresses, if any, in the Additional Recipients field below, separated by semicolons.
Continue creating the email message, as described at: Send Bulk Email.
Associate a Job Seeker with a Requisition and Send Information
Individual Job Seeker Information can be associated with a Requisition and sent to balanceTRAK users and external recipients directly from the Job Seekers list. First, select (only) one Job Seeker. Then, choose [Send Info] from the button bar. The Send Email screen will display, labeled with the Job Seeker’s name. From those options presented in the Requisitions menu, choose a Requisition.
Note: Only Requisitions associated with the user's access code will display.
From the Send To menu, select one or more balanceTRAK users and other recipients.
Follow the instructions above to: Compose Message and Preview and Send Email.
Copy Job Seekers to another Requisition
[Check Box] next to one or more source Job Seekers. Then select [Copy Selected] from the button bar. In the Copy Job Seeker menu, make selections for:
- Requisition to Copy
- Application to Copy Answers
- Prescreener to Copy Answers
When finished, click [Copy].
Import a Resume to Update Job Seeker Data
Prepare File(s) — balanceTRAK accepts the following document formats:
- Microsoft Word (DOC, DOCX)
- Acrobat (PDF)
- Rich text (RTF)
- Plain text (TXT)
Begin — Choose the [Import] button from the button bar.
Select one of two File Type options from the Upload Files menu:
- Upload separate files for each resume.
- Upload a zip file containing resumes.
Use the [Browse] function to locate the file on your computer. If additional files are to be uploaded, use the [Add Another File] button. When finished, select [Next] to continue.
From the Overwrite Type menu, select one of two options:
- Update existing job seekers with the information being imported — Replace the Job Seeker’s data with the uploaded data; old data for that Job Seeker will be lost.
- Do not update existing job seekers and show a list of duplicates — View a list of updated and existing records to choose the data to retain.
Click on the [Import] button at the bottom of the menu. Choose [Import More Job Seekers] if there is an additional Job Seeker RESUME to upload; or select [Back to Job Seeker List] to view updates. A Job Seeker record is created from each file, and the RESUME is available for view, via the [Resume] icon.