BalanceAAP > Data > Data Tables (and Tools)
- Review Data prior to Import
- Review and Edit Data Tables in BalanceAAP
- Roster Table
- Applicant Table
- New Hire Table
- (Optional) Drilldowns
- (Optional) Promotional and Termination Pools
- Reviewing Master Plan Data
Fields to Review
Assign Supervisors for the Organizational Display
Applicant Zip Code
JUMP TO: Reference Tables
Working with HR Data in BalanceAAP
Review Data prior to ImportAlthough BalanceAAP will run error validation and a Data > File Consistency check on plan data, best plan results are obtained when HRIS (Human Resources Information System) data are validated prior to upload into the application.
- For information on what plan data are needed and how tables should be formatted, see: Understanding BalanceAAP Data Import Requirements.
- After changes are made to system data, AAP and HRIS data will no longer match. For instructions on exporting the data after plan completion, see: Export Data.
Review and Edit Data Tables in BalanceAAP
Once the Data > Import is complete, the next step is to verify the completeness of the resulting Data > Data Tables and make edits as necessary.
Quick Reminder: For more information on tools for searching and editing tables, see: Table Controls for Editing Data.
Quick Search Tip: Enter a term in the Search field. Then hit ENTER on the keyboard to perform the Search. Use the ESCAPE (ESC) key to clear the Search results.
RosterBecause the Roster Data table forms the backbone of the AAP, this table should be thoroughly reviewed. Some fields may require editing if the information is not contained in your HRIS and/or not imported from the Roster file.
Fields to Review
- Veteran Code/Status — The Veteran Code field is required by the system if you have imported the Veteran Code Reference table. Veteran codes also support creating the VETS report. A blank entry should indicate that someone is not a Veteran.
Note: As of 2015, the VETS-4212 report will request only protected Veteran status. In the interim period, the system will count status from any provided Veteran codes.
- Disability Status — Check that a column is present and entries indicating Individuals with Disabilities (IWDs) are up to date. Disability status for an employee may change over time.
- Annotation Only — This box should be checked if the employee works at another location with less than 50 employees that is being rolled into the current plan. When the Work Location field is populated for applicable employees, click [Annotation Helper] (in the table header) to globally match the location to: Annotation Only.
- Work Location — A text description (e.g., “Chicago, IL”) placed here is helpful for organizing the internal workforce. Work Location is necessary for using the Annotation Helper (described above).
- Work and Home Zip Codes — To calculate External Availability via the Recruitment Area Wizard, make sure each Roster employee record contains a Zip Code.
- Compensation Data — Include data for OFCCP submission, including columns and data entries for: Wage Rate, Typical Hours in Work Week, Other Compensation, and Status.
Click the [Apply] button, and the Roster will be updated, accordingly.
Assign Supervisors for the Organizational DisplayThe Organizational Display, one of two options for developing an Organizational Profile, outlines supervisor and employee demographics by Department Hierarchy. For the report to display properly, the Roster must include:
- A check mark for each supervisor the Supervisor column.
- An entry in the Supervisor Employee ID column that indicates the supervisor for each reporting employee.
Update the Supervisor field in one of the following ways:
- Click the [Edit] button for an individual record to activate the row. Click the check box, located in the Supervisor column.
- Click on the [Assign Supervisor] button. From the Assign Supervisors menu, choose one of the following:
– By EEO Code. The system will update all employees that are assigned to the EEO-1 Category, marking them as supervisors.
– By Supervisor Employee #. If the employee ID of the supervisor for each employee is included in the employee’s record, the system will determine the supervisor.
Click [Assign]. This action will overwrite current Supervisor assignments.
ApplicantBecause applicants may choose not to self identify, the Applicant table may contain blank cells for Race Code, Gender Code, IWD status, and/or Veteran status. However, the applicant will be included and counted in Reports for which data are present and excluded where the entry is missing, so check the accuracy of any blank cells.
Applicant Zip CodeIf you want to build Recruitment Areas for calculating External Availability using Applicant Zip codes, each applicant record must contain this information.
Requisition NumberIf the Requisition # column is populated, the system can calculate the number of openings, a statistic that supports IWD/Veterans analyses. The Requisition # also provides an identifier for reconciling Applicant and New Hire data.
New HireTo ensure that the system counts Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities correctly, check that proper data entries are present for Disability Status (true/false) and Veteran Code or Status (true/false). A blank entry should indicate that the employee did not self-identify as belonging to one of these groups.
(Optional) DrilldownsIf Drilldowns have been created to represent Reporting Levels, the Drilldown field must be included in all Data Tables; incomplete entries will be placed in Errors.
(Optional) Promotion and Termination PoolsTo run the ADVERSE IMPACT FOR PROMOTION POOLS report (and accompanying DETAIL), Promotion ID must be populated on the Promotion Data table for each selected employee, and a corresponding Promotion Pool Data table must be populated. To relate the records, the Promotion ID must be included for records on the Pool Data table.
Likewise, the ADVERSE IMPACT FOR INVOLUNTARY TERMINATIONS POOL report (and DETAIL) requires Termination ID coding on the Termination Data table for each selected employee (where a pool is available). Then, each member of an employee pool must be included in the Termination Pool Data table, marked with the appropriate Termination ID.
HELP Cross-reference: To build the Pool Data tables, refer to: Understanding BalanceAAP Data Import Requirements / Optional AAP Data by Table