BalanceAAP > Publish Plan
- Publish Plan to Reports (and Dashboard, if Master Plan)
- User Settings
- Add a New User and Apply Profile
- Delete an Existing BalanceAAP User
- Emulate the User's View
- View the User Access Report
- Email Users
- Develop Email Content, see: System Tools > Email Settings
- (Administrators only) Import Users
- Publish a Master Plan
RELATED TOPICS for Administrators:
- Export a List of Reports & Dashboard Users
- For more information on administering and editing user access: System Tools > User Management
Release the Completed AAP for Distribution
Completing an Affirmative Action plan involves all of the steps displayed in balanceAAP's side navigation menu, from the plan's Settings and Data to IWD/Veterans analyses and Narratives. When these steps complete, the Publish Plan module provides simple tools, available via the page's tab header, to:
These topics are described in this article, below.
Publish Plan to Reports (and Dashboard, if Master Plan)The first step is to let the Reports (and Dashboard) portals "know" that results are ready. Complete the check box next to the following tagline:
Check the box to publish the plan to Reports and Dashboard and allow other users to access.
Click [Save]. Then, proceed to the next tab, User Settings, described next.
Help Cross-reference: The Dashboard is designed for AAP owners or compliance teams who are preparing multiple plans, using the Master/sub-plan structure. For more information: .
User SettingsThe audience for plan results is typically comprised of colleagues or executives who are not involved in preparing AAPs. Therefore, the roll-out of plan results will typically involve the plan creator/owner in administering user access, via the Publish Plan > User Settings tab.
Providing access for the new user to Reports (and Dashboard) is generally comprised of two aspects:
- Adding the user to the system
- Assigning the user a Profile to view some, or all, plan results
Some default Profiles will come with the software to help you assign permissions to the users you add.
Add a New User and Apply ProfileNavigate to Publish Plan > User Settings. Choose [Add] from the lower toolbar to display the Add User menu. Enter the following identifying information:
- First Name
- Last Name
Next, select a Plan Profile from the provided drop-down (e.g., All Reports, Primary Reports). Click [Add].
HELP Cross-reference: To review or define Plan Profiles, controlling what users see: BalanceAAP > Profile Management.
Once created, an account activation email can be sent to the user, with a link to log in to the system. The user will be able to select a password at that time. Users added will have an account in the balanceWORKS environment.
Delete an Existing balanceAAP User Check the box next to the user’s Email address entry, and click [Delete].
Note: The user will remain in the overall balanceWORKS user list.
Emulate the User's ViewBy emulating the user's experience in balanceAAP — in particular how the user interacts with Reporting and Dashboard — the plan creator/owner or the Administrator can verify the user experience for security and troubleshooting purposes. While working in Publish Plan > User Settings, simply locate the user on the User list; and click the corresponding View As icon. The emulated experience will open in a separate window.
View the User Access ReportAfter at least one user has been granted plan access, a report may be run to see who has or has not viewed plan results. On the User Settings tab, scroll down to the User Access Log menu. Select one of the following parameters:
- Not Viewed
Click [View Report]. The USER ACCESS report will be organized by the selected user group(s), with each user identified by Name, Email, and if applicable, (Date) Last Accessed.
Email UsersWhen you are ready for balanceAAP users to view the completed reports, you can send an email with a link and login instructions to defined Recipients.
Select a recipient group from the following options:
- All Users
- Users that have not already received an email
- Users that have not viewed the reports — Any user that had received an email before, but has not yet logged on, will receive another email.
- Selected Users — Choose specific Recipients, by checking off one or more users.
Click [Send Email] to transmit the message. Click [Yes] in answer to the confirmation message.
- Email content can be developed, using: System Tools > Email Settings.
- The message is not visible when sending the email. To review the message content, access the System Tools > Email Settings module.
(System Administrators Only) Import Users
From an Excel File
Prepare the file — Create an Excel file, containing a row for each user. The row must contain the Email address, First Name, Last Name, and (exact) Profile for each user.
Enter Publish Plan > User Settings —
- Click the [Import] button, located below the User list.
- From the displayed radio buttons, choose External Data, and click [Next].
- Select the file type in the drop-down. If your file does not contain first-row headers, uncheck the box for: This file contains headers. Then, click [Browse], and locate the file on your computer or network.
- Click [Open], to add the file to the Import list. (A current file can be deleted by clicking the adjacent Delete icon.)
- At the top of page, review/sheet name that contains the User list. Under Match Fields, select the columns in the Excel sheet that correspond to the system's fields. Click [Next].
Note: The Email Address, First Name, and Last Name fields are required. Review the Preview of data, below the lower toolbar, to make sure the data will appear as intended.
Finally, a page will appear, indicating the users being imported will be added to any already in the system. Click [Import Data] to initiate the process.
From an Existing PlanAfter the User list has been imported for one plan, you can import that list for another plan:
- On the User Settings tab, press the [Import] button.
- Choose Import from Existing Plan. Then, select the plan's Company, Establishment, and Plan from the drop-down, and click [Next].
From the final screen, click [Import Data].