Communicate with the Job Seeker
- Send an Email Message to a Job Seeker
- Send a Text Message
- Document a Telephone Call
- Filter Communications
- Show/Hide Job Seeker Communications by Mode
- Show a Job Seeker's Communications for all Requisitions
Communicate with a Job Seeker and Track Interactions
The Job Seeker detail > Communications tab supports your organization's efforts to reach out to a Job Seeker by email and text, while also supporting your efforts to document telephone calls.
Quick Tip: Monitor the email and text conversations with the Job Seeker, via the software header's Notification Center (as described in the article, linked above.)
Accordingly, the tab is divided into a list column on the left, for tracking all Communications, plus a right-hand window, serving as a task area for composing and documenting these conversations. Once an email or a text message is sent, or a telephone call is saved, an entry is saved to the list column for later access.
Send an Email Message to a Job SeekerFrom the upper toolbar, choose the Add New Email icon. Then proceed downward to complete the menus and fields, as displayed:
- (Optional) Select a Template from the provided drop-down (or leave the selection as: None).
- Review the Job Seeker's email, as populated in the To field.
- (Optional) If applicable, CC and/or BCC other balanceTRAK users by typing a few letters of each name and selecting one from provided prompts. (To CC or BCC an external contact, enter the contact's email address.)
- Enter a Subject for the message.
- (Optional) To add a file to the message, click the [Attachment] icon, and browse for the file on your computer.
- Enter content in the message body, and format its appearance, using the Word-like formatting toolbar.
When the above items are complete, click the [Send] button at the bottom of the window.
Send a Text MessageFrom the upper toolbar, choose the Add New Text icon.
In the provided field, enter the message. Then press the [Send] button.
Note: Review the message carefully. The communication will be visible to all balanceTRAK users who have permission to the view the Job Seeker's record.
Document a Telephone CallBegin by choosing the Phone icon from the tab's header. This action will open a menu comprised of the following system-generated entries, for review:
- User Name
Edit the entries, if necessary. Then, check the box for: Outgoing, if that applies to the call.
Record your notes about the call, and click the [Save] button.