Reviewing Master Plan Data
RETURN TO: Data Tables (and Tools)
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:Please review Data Tables (and Tools), linked above, to familiarize yourself with balanceAAP's columns and fields.
- Plan Codes
- Roster Table: Employee Reporting Assignments
- Use the Annotation Helper
- Assign Reports in a Master Plan
- (Optional) Rollups
- Apps to Hires Batch Processing
- Promotion / Transfer Tables: Cross-plan Movements
Master Plan Data Table Considerations
For those preparing a set of plans, the following article discusses fields in Data Tables that are specific to the Master plan/sub-plan framework.
Plan CodesEach applicant or employee must have a Plan Code entry, linking him or her to a sub plan. The entries must match those included in the Plan Code Reference table.
Roster Table: Employee Reporting AssignmentsThe following entries are necessary to organize the employee reporting structure across the sub plans.
Work and Report Location Fields — A text description (e.g., “Chicago, IL”) should appear for any employee whose work and report locations are different so their they can be included in statistics for the proper sub plan. Next, determine the type of reporting:
- Annotation Only — This box should be checked if the employee works at another location with less than 50 employees, reporting into the sub plan.
- Reports In — This box should be checked if the employee works off-site at another sub-plan location, but reports into the sub plan.
- Reports Out — This box should be checked if the employee works at the sub-plan location, but reports to a manager in a different sub plan.
Quick Tip: Access Reports > ANNOTATED EMPLOYEE LIST BY JOB GROUP to see how employees you marked have been categorized.
Use Annotation HelperThe [Annotation Helper] is available in the Master Plan's Roster table header to assign the above parameters globally by location.
Assign Reports in a Master PlanTo automate the processing assigning “Reports to” Locations, click the [Assign Reports] icon, available in the Roster table header.
- In the upper part of the menu, select one of the following Update Options: All Report to Plan Codes will be updated.
- Use the provided check box to: Assign Location. (The default selection is checked, which will: Assign Report Location when assigning Report to Plan Code.)
- Select the EEO Groups to assign. (Default selections for EEO Job Groups are: 1.1 and 1.2)
- Click the [Assign] button.
Report to Plan Codes will be updated if the Supervisor has a Plan Code.
Only blank Report to Plan Codes will be updated. (Default)