BalanceTRAK > Settings > System
KEY TOPICS:Settings for:
- Default User Settings
- Revert to Default User Settings
- Set Notifications
- Determine the Default Display for Job Seekers
- Determine the Default Display for Requisitions
- Set Time Zone
Administer Global System Settings
Available under Settings in the side navigation menu, the System module controls five areas of default balanceTRAK settings that will apply across the client Implementation. Each task area is accessed from the System menu by tab, as described below:
- Default User Settings
- Archive (A separate article is linked above.)
For all menus outlined in this article, remember to [Save] the tab after its content is updated.
IneligibilityFor organizations that wish to mark those applicants who will be ineligible for applying to future job openings, the Ineligibility tab houses two tools:
- A toggle switch that activates (or deactivates) the feature.
- A menu with check boxes to identify the ineligible Job Seeker and drop-down options to assign Job Seeker Stage and Disposition.
Default User SettingsThe Default User Settings tab presents options for reverting Account settings to default, initiating Notifications, determining the time zone, and choosing the module list filters.
Help Cross-reference: The individual user can later change the Default User Settings for page displays and notifications, by accessing Account tools from the software header. See: User Account (and Security).
Revert to Default User SettingsAt the top of the screen, the box may be checked on the Default User Settings menu to: Revert all user account settings to the client default values.
Set NotificationsOn the Notifications menu, the default options for sending Notifications about system activities are turned on, using first-level toggle switches. If a Notification option is activated, a corresponding radio button selection controls its timing. The menu is as follows —
Notify users when:
- A requisition is closing. (Sent at 7:00 AM Eastern Time.)
- On the day the requisition closes.
- [XX] day(s) before the requisition closes.
- Someone applies for a job.
- On the day they apply.
- Immediately after they apply.
- Someone completes a Background Check form.
- On the day the job seeker completes the form. (Sent at 10:00 PM Eastern Time.)
- Immediately after the job seeker completes the form.
- Notify me during each step of an approval process when I am a participating user.
Quick Tip: These options may be left unselected, so that each user can determine whether to receive Notifications, and when.
Determine the Default Display for Job SeekersThe Manage Job Seekers menu controls the default filter for Job Seekers, on entry. The Job Seeker list can be displayed by the following drop-down options:
- Not Assigned
- Not Reviewed
Determine the Default Display for RequisitionsThe Manage Requisitions menu is used to control the default filter for Requisitions, on entry. The Requisition list can be filtered by Job Seeker Stage, depending on the Implementation. Some drop-down examples include:
- Awaiting Approval
- Pending Posting
- Accepting Applications
- Hiring Manager Review
- Closed (Position Filled)
- Closed (Position not Filled)
Set Time ZoneThe (U.S.) Time Zone is determined, based on drop-down options; and the provided box may be checked, if daylight savings time is observed. Several system activities (e.g., Calendar events/notifications, Job Seeker applied, Requisition History/Notes) will be time-stamped by the system, based on the selected Time Zone.
ApplicationThe Application tab covers :
- Login Instructions for the Job Seeker
- The EEO Statement (for display on the Job Posting page, in the Job Description, and with the APPLICATION)
- An optional Kioske mode
The first menu at the top, Login Instructions, provides a long-text field, containing the current Login Instructions for display to the Job Seeker. The instructions may be edited. Next, the existing EEO Statement is displayed, which can also be edited in a long-text field.
Quick Reminder: An attorney or an Affirmative Action expert should be consulted, regarding the content of your organization's balanceTRAK EEO Statement.
Finally, the Kiosk Mode can be toggled on (or off), so that users can apply on a "public" computer and be automatically logged out.
TemplatesIn support of Requisition management, the Administrator may require the Requisition creator to use a Requisition Template or an existing Requisition, and then select whether the first or both of those options will be required. This control is located on the Settings > System > Templates tab. The options are:
- Require one of the following:
- Requisition Template
- Requisition Template or Previous Requisition