Organize the Job Seeker List
JUMP TO: Perform Job Seeker Actions
- Learn about Key Job Seeker list Features
- View a Job Seeker's Detail Record
- Identify Job Seekers
- Perform Bulk Actions
- Filter the Job Seeker List
- By Drop-down Options (Stage, Requisition, Disposition Code)
- By Header Icons
- Show Job Seeker Data Fields (by Requisition)
- Determine Grid View Settings
- Sort the Job Seeker List by Identifier
- Run an Advanced (Job Seeker) Search
View the Job Seeker List and Screen Applicants
On entry to Job Seekers, the first column to the left houses the Job Seeker list. This list column serves as the "jumping off" point to peruse through the records of individual applicants. Each Job Seeker will be associated with one or more Requisition Numbers, indicating the job opening(s) to which he or she applied.
Quick Tip: Because each of balanceTRAK's two main modules offer ways to view Job Seekers, consider which module works best for the immediate need:
- Requisitions — Begin on the Requisition detail > Summary tab to obtain a Job Seeker list that is already narrowed to the particular job opening or even, a subset of Job Seekers who applied.
- Job Seekers — Although the Job Seeker list offers a Requisition filter, visit this module to look at the wider applicant pool, or to focus on an individual applicant.
Learn about Key Job Seeker list FeaturesBalanceTRAK tools will help you refine the full registry of Job Seekers and hone in on relevant information, whether the task at hand is to locate Job Seekers who stand out, monitor Job Seeker progress/workload, or perform recordkeeping tasks.
Identify Job SeekersSome of the list's key features are designed to help you identify:
- Job Seeker Subsets — Sort the list column by key identifiers (e.g., Name, Application Date). Or fine-tune the list with filters (e.g. Job Seeker Stage, Requisition), as outlined below.
- Keyword Match Scores — When Keywords are in place to score resumes, the percentage result will be indicated in a green box, by Job Seeker Name / Requisition (applied to).
- Flagged Job Seekers — The Job Seeker is flagged in the detail; see: Navigate the Job Seeker Detail.
- NEW Job Seekers — Based on your user credentials, a Job Seeker is marked "New" until you view the associated record.
- Pass/Fail Result — When an ASSESSMENT Form is in place for a Requisition, the Job Seeker will be tagged with a Pass or Fail icon.
Perform Bulk ActionsFrom the list, you can also Perform Bulk Job Seeker Actions, such as updating Job Seeker Disposition or sending Forms.
View a Job Seeker's Detail RecordTo view a Job Seeker's record, which will be Requisition specific:
- In the left-hand column on the Job Seeker list, locate the Job Seeker by Name.
- Highlight the desired Requisition, indented below the Job Seeker Name.
- View the Job Seeker detail in the right-hand window.
Filter the Job Seeker List
By Drop-down Options (Stage, Requisition, Disposition Code)
Cross-reference: For a definitions of Job Seeker Stage and Disposition Code, plus information on how these descriptors are used to track Job Seekers, see: Assign Job Seeker Stage and Disposition.
Begin with the first drop-down filter menu, located above the Job Seeker list on the left. This menu will display the default option to show: All Job Seeker Stages. To limit the display by Stage, click the menu's down arrow and check off one or more options, as displayed in the provided menu. From the start of the consideration process to the end, some typical Stages may include:
The second drop-down menu will display default Requisition options for all Requisitions (by number) that are Open. To limit the display by Requisition attributes, expand the drop-down and check off selections for:
- [Requisition Number]
- Category of: Open, Closed, or Open & Closed
AND / OR
Quick Tips: While working in the Requisition drop-down, type the last part of the Requisition number in the Search bar to be prompted with a match. Another option is to increase the menu's Page Size to a larger number, or: Show All.
The final drop-down filter will display the default option to show Job Seekers for: All Disposition Codes. To limit the display to particular codes, expand the menu and checking off one or more options. Some typical choices, depending on software Implementation, include:
- Not Dispositioned
- Never Considered: Incomplete Application
- Not Qualified: [Reason]
- Rejected: [Reason]
- Declined Offer
If more than one Disposition Code is selected, the resulting menu header will indicate: Multiple Disposition Codes.
By Header IconsClick on an icon in the Job Seeker list header to filter Job Seekers by the following labels to Show:
- Silver Medalists
- Incomplete [Application] — For Administrators only, corresponding results will display for Requisitions that are: Accepting New Job Seekers.
- Apply Silver Medalist Designation, at: Special Settings by TableApplicant status/stage, global Job Description, multiple Career pages
- Flag a Job Seeker, at: Navigate the Requisition Detail
Show Job Seeker Data Fields (by Requisition)After selecting a Requisition from the Requisition filter drop-down — select the header icon to:
Open Results in Grid View
A comprehensive Job Seeker table will display in a separate window. In addition to the standard icon filters (mentioned above), filters and sorts are available by column header for organizing Job Seeker results.
A banner at the top of the standard Job Seeker list will indicate that the page is connected to a Grid view. Click the [End Session] button there to close the Grid view.
Determine Grid View Settings While in Grid view, click the upper Settings icon for options to add and [Save] Fields to the view for your visit.
The Settings menu includes an array of Field options to display as columns in the Grid view, organized by:
- Personal Information (e.g., Disposition Code, Middle Name)
- Questions (by Description: e.g., Programming Languages, Valid Driver License)
While Personal Information for Disposition Code, Disposition Date, Acceptance Date, and Job Seeker Stage are checked by default, the Grid view can be customized to include the identifiers and question topics you want to see.
Sort the Job Seeker List by IdentifierThe Job Seeker list displays two Sort drop-down menus in the column header. First, expand the Sort drop-down, and select one of the following:
- Application Date
- Requisition Number
- Job Title
- Keyword Score
Next, navigate to the adjacent drop-down, and select: