Plan Codes (Master Plan only)
- How the Process to Build Plan Codes is Initiated
- Add Plan Codes
- Import Plan Codes
- From an External File
- From an Existing balanceAAP Plan
- Determine Job Group Structure
- Use other Plan Code List Tools
Identify Sub plans by using Plan Codes
How the Process to Build Plan Codes is InitiatedIf, while working to Create Plan, you answered question 4 (Multiple Plans), with Yes, the following actions are triggered:
- The Plan Codes screen will automatically display.
- A menu bar for Settings > Plan Codes will display in the side navigation menu.
About Plan CodesIf your organization prepares multiple plans, they may be organized as a set, comprised of an overall Master Plan and including sub plans for location (and/or function). A Plan Code serves as the identifier for each sub plan (and, as applicable, each Functional Plan). The Plan Code list, which can be developed by adding or importing Plan Codes, must be established before importing data into the Master Plan.
Add Plan CodesChoose the [Add] button from the upper toolbar.
- From the Add Plan Code menu, enter the following information:
- Plan Code — Enter a simple, unique identifier for each sub plan.
- Company — Retain the default entry from the Master Plan, or enter a different name to appear on reports.
- Establishment — Enter the establishment name (e.g., "Vienna, VA").
- Enter optional information, which will also assist in determining Recruitment Areas, as part of External Availability:
- City, State, County
- Reasonable Recruitment Area — If provided, entry must match a census statistical area so that plans can be tied to these areas.
- Zip^ — Plan Zip codes may be used to build Recruitment Areas. Zip codes are also necessary to display the Map view of AAP locations on the balanceAAP > Reporting > Dashboard.
^To turn on this setting, see: Create Plan.
- If the sub plan is not location-based (per OFCCP agreement), check the box for: Functional Plan. If checked, the Dashboard View will display a corresponding Metrics object.
- Click [Save] at the bottom of the page.
Repeat the process to add further sub plans to the Plan Code list, as necessary.
Import Plan CodesUse the [Import] button to bring in a list of Plan Codes and corresponding information.
— From an External FileFile Requirements — The external file must include columns and entries for Plan Code, Company, and Establishment (as described above under Add Plan Codes). This information may be included in the Master Data Collection template, along with other data needed for the AAPs.
Peform Import — Begin by selecting the import type as: External File. Then click [Next].
Choose the file type:
- Microsoft Excel (.XLX, .XLSX)
- Microsoft Access (.MDB)
- Text (.TXT)
If the incoming file does not contain column headers, uncheck the box for: First Row Headers.
Click [Browse]; locate and highlight the file; and click [Open] to add the file to the Upload file list. Click [Next].
Excel users — From the Plan Code menu, select the Excel sheet that contains the Plan Code table. Then, under Match Fields, select the columns in the Excel sheet that correspond to the balanceAAP columns. Review the Preview of Data at the bottom of the page. Click [Next].
Click [Import Plan Codes]. The Plan Code list will be created.
Quick Reminder:If updated Plan Codes are brought in later, follow prompts to overwrite or append existing data, as appropriate.
— From an Existing balanceAAP PlanSelect the import type as: Existing balanceAAP Plan. Choose Company, Establishment, and Plan from the drop-downs.
Click [Import Data] to bring in the Plan Code list.
Determine Job Group Structure by Plan or Sub planOnce a Plan Code list is created, the Job Group column will be populated with the default Job Group structure: Corp. The Corp structure suits an organization (or location) whose staffing numbers warrant breaking up EEO categories by level (e.g., 1A, 1A, 1C).
The alternate option is: EEO. This structure suits an organization or location with a limited number of employees.
Change the structure by clicking the Job Group column entry for a particular sub plan. From the pop-up menu, select the desired structure. Click [Save] to apply the change.
The Job Group structure will come into the process later:
- When census coding is applied, during this step: Establishing External Availability in a Master Plan
- As an option for: Factor Weights
Use other Plan List Tools
Search for a Plan CodeTo reduce the Plan Code display, enter text in the Search field, and click Search.
Click [Clear] to return display to the full Plan Code list.
Edit a Plan CodeClick the [Edit] icon adjacent to a Plan Code.
Quick Tip: If you have imported a Plan Code list that includes codes for Functional plans, edit one or more Plan Codes to identify those plans.
Delete a Plan CodeTo delete a Plan Code, check the box next to the plan to be deleted, and click the [Delete] button.
Important Caution: Because associated data records will be moved to Errors, delete a Plan Code only if:
- No data are currently assigned to the Plan Code.
- Data will be moved to a new or existing Plan Code. Once the target sub plan is identified, access Data > Errors to update the affected records.
- Data for the Plan Code are to be deleted. You can also access Data > Errors to delete the data.