BalanceTRAK Overview and Navigation
Use the Table of Contents link above, in the page header, to access a list of balanceTRAK Help topics.
Introduction to BalanceTRAKFrom posting a job opening (on a branded Website page and major career sites) to ultimately hiring the most-qualified candidate, balanceTRAK supports the recruiting process. As a software user engaged in this process, you may belong to one of the following audiences:
- Human Resource (HR) professionals who manage or coordinate recruiting and/or hiring
- Hiring managers or other collaborators who participate in, or make decisions about, hiring
- Data specialists who develop compliance or voluntary reporting on HR activities
Software ImplementationDuring Implementation, the Job Seeker workflow in balanceTRAK was determined, based on a collaboration between your organization and Berkshire's Product Support team. At that time, permissions for your access to, and work in, balanceTRAK functions were determined. Typically, your organization will have a designated Administrator, who will oversee permissions going forward.
ModulesIn organizing both job openings and applicant information, the software relies on two modules, accordingly:
- Requisitions (Job openings, or postings)
- Job Seekers (Applicants, or job candidates)
In support of the above efforts, Reports can be run to track statistics.
If you are an Administrator, Settings and System Tools allow you to review or update components in the balanceTRAK workflow.
Side Navigation MenuAvailable from the left side on every page, an expandable/collapsible side navigation menu offers easy access to the balanceTRAK task areas, which are introduced in this article, above.
Navigate between ApplicationsIf other balanceWORKS applications are installed (such as REACH, the Good Faith Efforts recruiting activities tracker), choose the appropriate icon from the left side of page header to access the other application.
Simple Data SearchJust below the software header, the modules for Requisitions and Job Seekers feature a "quick" Search bar.
Enter a few letters, some digits, or a word, and the results, as applicable, will display in the list column on the left side of the view.
- Quickly locate an applicant by first name or a few letters of the last name in the Job Seekers module.
- While working in Requisitions, type in a few digits or letters of a Requisition Number, or enter a few letters from a Job Title.
Click the Clear Search icon to restore the full list display.