Organize the Requisition List
RETURN TO: Start with Requisition Basics
- View the Requisition List by Drop-down Filters
- By Location
- By Job Seeker
- By Category
- Sort the Requisition List by Column Header
- Understanding Requisition Alert Flags
- Accessing a Draft Requisition
View, Filter, and Sort the Requisition List
Once one or more Requisitions have been created, the Requisition list, or list column (on the left), will display those items by the following identifiers:
- Requisition (Number)
- Job Title
- Create Date
- (Number of Job Seekers)
Quick Tip: Navigate to a Requisition on the list, and click the [numeric entry] under Number of Job Seekers to view the associated Job Seekers.
Cross-reference: Adjacent to the list column, the detail for the highlighted Requisition will display. To learn more about working in a Requisition, see: Navigate the Requisition Detail.
View the Requisition List by Drop-down FiltersAlthough the default view is to show All Requisitions, key options for honing in on Requisitions of particular interest are housed in the upper drop-down menus.
From left to right, the options for filtering the Requisition list are:
- Requisition Category — Pending, Open, Closed
- Job Seeker Stage — New applicant, Interview, Final disposition, Offer, Hire, and other stages. Or click a label at the top of the menu to Select: All or None.
- Location (Where applicable) — Search for and/or check off one or more locations (or other organizational units) to view
Open the appropriate drop-down, and select an option to narrow the display of Requisitions.
Sort the Requisitions List by Column HeaderBy default, the Requisition list is sorted by: Create Date.
Quick Reminder: A newly created Requisition will appear at the top of the Requisition list, with the accompanying Requisition detail displayed in the right-hand window.
Simply click on a column header label to sort the list in a different manner. An ascending sort will be indicated by an Up Arrow above the column header, while a descending sort is associated with the Down Arrow. Click the column header label a third time to clear the sort.
Understanding Requisition Alert FlagsBalanceTRAK associates certain actions with an Open Requisition to ensure it is posted and applicants can apply; your organization may automate this process or use on-demand controls. Therefore, an Open Requisition will be flagged on the Requisition list when the following actions are not set:
- Red stop alert — The Open Requisition is not: Accepting New Job Seekers, nor is it: Posted Internally / Posted Externally.
- Yellow caution alert — The Open Requisition has not yet been: Posted Internally / Posted Externally.
The alert symbol, if applicable, will appear in the Requisition's Category column so that the issue can be addressed in the Requisition detail through the detail's header tools.
(Where installed) In addition, a Pending Requisition that has exceeded a specified time period — while awaiting action from an Approver — may be labeled with a Watch icon on the Requisition list.
Accessing a Draft RequisitionIf a draft Requisition has been saved to the system and you are the Requisition creator, a link to the draft appear in the Requisition list header: To continue working on the new job posting, click the link: Continue Creating Requisition ([Job Title]).
Cross-reference: Navigate and Save the Draft Requisition.